or Connect

Posts by craftykitty

Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyPie Is this discussion being started *again*? Seriously? "She's using the label I like for myself! But she doesn't live up to it! Why oh why?!?" AP ideals aren't being "watered down" just because we've succeeded in letting a lot of people know about them. And we know nothing about another's "need" to call herself AP. *Exactly*. The quoted "ideals" of AP came from API. Belonging to and subscribing to API...
Quote: Originally Posted by mdmomathm I prefer to look at the actual facts and statistics from the CDC directly - not from some random person writing an article. Yeah... that's why I said that I didn't know about the actual author. I just appreciated all the information in one spot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara What kind of ridiculous warped logic is that? . I was obviously NOT talking about life-threating reactions like anaphylaxis in my answer. What kind of logic is it that says that a slight reaction would indicate that the body is creating a defense to what has been presented to it? The kind of logic coming from someone who knows the physiology of the body. If you actually know how the body...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipporah Same here, my husband only gets sick after that darn flu shot, as do quite a few of the guys he works with too. Seems like a really stupid thing to do to me. I did have a few days sometimes after the shot of feeling "icky". It was nothing compared to feeling like I had been run over by a fright train for weeks. I'm talking vomiting and diarrhea that passed severe, very high fever and trouble breathing when...
Hmmm... that's a very good question. I would agree that a reaction (fever, etc.) to a vaccine would indicate the body was responding to the matter in the shot and creating antibodies to it. I guess it may be sort of like pregnancy - having early, heavy preggo symptoms usually indicates a good outcome because it shows high hCG levels, but not all healthy pregnancies are very symptomatic. I would assume that some healthy babies create more hCG than other healthy babies as I...
I'm sure who wrote this article, but the references cited are data from the CDC, WHO and the USCB. http://www.csicop.org/si/2004-01/anti-vaccination.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Jen123 Although *I* agree with you...that's a good argument builder for sheeple who believe in herd immunity. Funny... dh were just having the "sheeple" discussion the other night about people who decide not to vax because they read all the "facts" on messge boards and take it as truth because their sisters in crunchiness "said so". NOT saying this about people who do all the research for themselves... I just had...
Sherra, thank you for your well thought out replies. Like I said, I wasn't looking for a debate... I was genuinely curious about what some of you thought of those things. I'm glad that there can be respectful debate here on this topic. As far as the "sadness" of saying I would rather my child be damaged by a vax than the whole community be damaged by a disease, I surely wasn't saying I don't care if my child is damaged! I meant that I personally believe (just as firmly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherra Incidentally, this has YET to ever be proven. Definately NOT trying to start a debate... but I am interested to know how you would explain the commonality in third world countries of the very diseases that used to be common in our country? Why are people dying every day of diseases that are easily preventable by vaccination? Is it then illogical to come to the conclusion that the vaccines just might work? I...
Man, that's some really scary criteria! I try to stay far, far away from unknown doctors for that reason (among others). One of the doctors my dh works with insinuated once that we might be abusive parents or need counseling because the records showed that our kids had been to the ER a few times over the last year or so. Yeah... I guess if your kid jumps off the couch into the coffee table and needs a couple of stitches, you should just stay home because someone at some...