or Connect

Posts by craftykitty

Oh, sweetie... I just read your memorial page and I'm still crying. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling. In answer to the question... it seems that maybe more is going here besides the circ issue? I personally wouldn't stay married to someone who was so forceful as to relentlessly demand a circ, but for many reasons. Have you and your dh gone to grief counseling together? Maybe something like that could help you two get back to being focused on...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsRoss I completely regret circ'ing my beautiful little baby. It was against my better judgment that I gave up fighting my husband over the issue because the doctor told us that a topical anesthesia would be used. I had read and read about not circ'ing. I presented my case to dh armed with studies and facts, but he wouldn't listen to any of it. He couldn't believe that I wouldn't want my son circ'ed. My husband couldn't...
Ugh. My first child is cut and I TOTALLY regret it. I never agreed with it, but I let my dh make the final decision (he complained that he wasn't allowed to make any choices for the baby and HE was the one with a penis... blah, blah, blah). Anyway, it was terrible and I would never let it be done to another child.
I don't know of an article readily, but I would agree. One of my children has had it and it wasn't great, but it wasn't what I expected, either. It was a really nasty cough that lasted for about 6-8 weeks with up to 2 or 3 hours of straight coughing at night. I mean, that did suck, but we got through it with no lasting damage. It was suggested that her case was lighter than normal because she was vaxed. I don't know if that's true, though. She was a baby and didn't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Plummeting Aaawww, don't feel bad! Maybe it was necessary in your particular circumstances or maybe you just didn't know any better. . Wow, that was patronizing. Why do most of you who choose not to vax ASSUme that parents who do don't "know any better"? We have done the same research and in many cases, read the same studies, articles, etc. I know I have. I love NFL and I love what it stands for, but sometimes the...
I didn't see how the vaxing really tied into the story except to show that the mom was not mainstream. But the main story (the HIV) was based on a true story. It really happened and the mother's 3 year old daughter died.
We vax our kids, but I think that allegation is just stupid. It just comes from people who don't understand the ideas behind not vaxing. I don't agree with the ideas, but I do understand them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Junebug Aww, you did the right thing Mama! I took my beautiful niece(5yo) to play w/ some kids in my neighborhood a few weeks ago & was just crushed by their treatment of her. She doesn't watch TV and didn't know the shows they watch so they acted like she was an alien or something! : It was ridiculous! They were playing a little later & I heard one girl ask her why she was wearing "those stupid baby shoes" (They...
Quote: Originally Posted by mattemma04 So happy to read that your son is home and safe. The school needs to step up its anti-bully program,becasue what he went through was absolutely horrendous. I feel sad just thinking about the the child who will replace your son as a target for the bullies. Hugs to your little one! His teacher called on Wednesday asking about him (I haven't sent in the letter of intent to homeschool yet, but in TX it's...
We pulled him out and have been homeschoolers since Monday! I'm really excited and I think he's enjoying it (I know I am). I turned up some fast paced music loud this morning and we all danced around the living room until we couldn't dance another step and called it PE. How fun and NO MORE DIARRHEA!