or Connect

Posts by craftykitty

Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama BTW, TEAKs, Bear is not "potty trained" either. He is 3 years & 8 months old. We're working on it, but he refuses to wear underwear for the moment. Hey, trust me... don't worry about it. Analiyse is 3 yrs and 4 months and is potty trained. She gets my my LAST nerve every day about once every two hours when she shows up in front of me in nothing but a t-shirt. I ask her where her panties are and she runs...
Quote: Originally Posted by wednesday Yeah, that post really resonated with me as well... I've had a hard time explaining to DH why I don't think a traditional public education is what I want for our son...but what I experienced was just so, so soul-crushingly horrible. Yeah, I've had a hard time convincing my dh, too. We've talked about it all weekend, though and I think he's finally on board. He went to a K-12 school in a tiny town in the...
I'm really sleepy, so I may not be too coherant..... In regards to shame and guilt ~ I look into my childhood when I feel the thorns of guilt or shame stabbing me. When I think of my stepfather, I get a bad overall feeling. I feel like a scared child again, like nothing I do is right (in fact I feel shame when I think of him). When I think of my mother, I feel warm and loved and I smile. Why the different sets of feelings for two people who lived in the same home? My...
Quote: Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama What kind of hellish classroom is this?! I mean, I know it was common twenty years ago (when many of us went to school) - but now?! This school is obvious not too on top of their stuff. What kind of neighborhood is this - is it one where the parents are not so involved or more permissive with physical aggression? . Unfortunately, it's the kind that happens to be in a smallish Southern Texas...
As far as the hitting back.... we have told him not to because now, each child who hits in a fight is considered equally responsible, even in Kinder. It doesn't matter how provoked, if my son hits back, he will be equally penalized for perpetuating violence. I got in one fist fight in my high school years. The girl was totally set on fighting me, I couldn't get away from her. I don't know if my fist ever even made contact with her, but at one point I kicked her in the...
Thank you all so, so much. Between all the reponses here and at AW, I feel much stronger in my resolve to get this taken care of immediately. We have talked about it as a family and I think our plan at this point is to try a different classroom and if that doesn't work, to pull him out. He seems to be happy with that, but I will definately be searching for any sign that it's not working for him. I will NOT let this destroy my child!!!
I guess I just need "listening eyes" from understanding friends right now. In a world so full of hate and greed, I'm feeling so disillusioned for my kids right now. My 5 yr old started Kinder this year. It's really, really bad for him. He is basically being persecuted for being "different". ALL of the boys in his class pick on him. Even some of the girls are calling him names now. It's so hard for him (and me) to understand. He is a cute boy - always clean and well...
Quote: Originally Posted by loon13 : Now that she is 3, her speech has *boomed* and her creativity and imaginative play are just amazing. And despite some sensory issues (the teethbrushing is a HUGE one; the preference to be naked in the house) and some sleep issues (just can't wind down), I can look back and see that some things that were a bigger issue when she was younger (i.e. hated the car seat, hated diaper changes, hated getting dressed at...
Quote: Originally Posted by babydoll Have your cycles just recently come back? Mine came back irregularly at 9 months and that was when I started having PMS ( i would even think PMDD) and problems with depression. Babydoll I got the first one at 6 months, then since then I've had one every TWO months. It's really weird. It's regular, except it skips a month in between each period. LOL! I was having mood swings once a month before I...
Today is not a good day. I thought it would do me good to post here, before I lose it with her. I haqven't really yelled at her today (well, a tiny bit), but I've definately sounded irritated and annoyed more than I care to admit. We had errands to do around lunch time today. She was good when I picked up some new diapers at a friend's house, she was great at the post office... then she begged for Sonic for lunch. *sigh*. Sonic is gross. I caved. "What would you...