or Connect

Posts by craftykitty

Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama Hi Mamas, And potty learning! This is what's been on my mind A LOT lately, so I had to add my experience with bears. Bears is now 3 years and 7 mos. And he is still wearing a diaper. I NEVER made potty learning an issue. Up until about May of this year. Then I think I bent to other people's pressure and I started to gently encourage it. Then about a month ago I realized that I was putting more pressure on him...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMoMpls Ok- mother's of "tough" kids... what do you do about potty learning? Believe it or not, that was really easy for Nate... he hated being wet and was so stressed about it he trained himself by 2. Joey is another story. (OK, I may be in denial about his temperment.) I just found my old copy of Toilet Training in Less than a Day. I think it is an antique. It was horrible. Certainly not GD. Joey hates baths, loves...
Quote: Originally Posted by babydoll YOur baby is 4 months? No, my babe will be a year old this month. She still exclusively nurses though, with the exception of knawing on a cracker now and then. Lol! I will talk to my doctor about the pill. Enriching my diet with flax is always good, too. I thought about taking St John's Wort supplements, but my understanding is that it's not really recommended for bfing. I have to do something...
Quote: Originally Posted by babydoll I had that too. My doc had me take the pill for 4 months at a time and then have a period. It really really really really really really really helped me to do that. I don't know how you feel about the pill but I got on it while still nursing at 14 months ( a low dose version) and it did the trick. Then I started doing it the normal way my body had regulated. I think for me a lot of it had to do with my hormones...
Quote: Originally Posted by Richelle That is *exactly* what I was thinking. Oh, hello, Richelle! Fancy meeting you here!
Wow. I just got a chance to pour a glass of wine and read through this thread. I cried with relief, because it's so good to know I'm not "the only one" and neither is my daughter and because of the great encouragment in this thread. I feel broken. I feel the pain of wasted time and broken hearts - hers and mine. I know her spirit has been crushed uncountable times in her short life. I feel insane. I feel like a small child in her clutches. I never realized that a wee...
I know! It seems like every time we go, the price is higher!
We just have three. They would all go to my parents, who are awesome.
Ahhhh. I could have written your post! I don't much time to answer right now, but I'll come back to this thread. My dd is 3.3 yrs and is the biggest challenge of my life!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharlla nanny cam, nanny cam, nanny cam. Yeah that. I'm not too comfy with any nanny. I would need to have a nanny cam set up!