or Connect

Posts by craftykitty

Most definately of the bum variety here, too.... I've never been much of an organized housekeeper. Oh, well. I am fun! :LOL
I'm not so young anymore. I'm 26, but I was 21 when I had my first. I have 3 now and I always get the "looks" from people who obviously think I should NOT have a 5,3 and 1 year old at 26. :LOL
2 girlies and a boy.
It's crossed my mind a lot while I was bathing the baby. Someone I used to work with told me a horror story about her grandchild (infant) taking a bath with his daddy while mama was out. The daddy had a seizure in the tub and they both drowned. I've thought about it every since. I have talked to my 5 year old about what to do if mama "falls asleep" and he can't wake me, though.
I haven't tried it yet, but I'm holding my breath and getting ready to try it this Jan. My kids are 5, 3 and 11 months. Whew! It's going to be tough!!!
I want to be in too! I'm going to start on tomorrow on the 1st! I spend WAAAY too much money that I don't have.
I love to see kids rolling in the mud having a grand time. I don't like my baby to eat dirt though. I don't want her to get some kind of parasite. I also wouldn't let her knaw on a stick because I would be afraid that a splinter might hurt her gums. Other than that, she has freedom to roam and get as filthy as she pleases. We live by the beach and my kids spend much of the time with sandy, gritty hair. I do wash her before we go anywhere that is indoors, though. It yucks...
It is definately not OK to take the baby out of the carseat while driving! You wouldn't let a toddler get out of their carseat while driving would you? I do the "hang-boob" or as my dh calls it, "dangle-boobie" if he's driving. :LOL It's uncomfortable for me, but it does the job. The other options are pumping and feeding ebm or just pulling over and feeding.
The website didn't even touch on co-sleeping as part of the campaign, did it? Maybe they meant that a baby shouldn't have to die - a baby belongs at home safely in it's crib (assuming that most babies *do* sleep in cribs) and not dead? Maybe we just see it differently than it was meant because we do co-sleep and that's the first thing we thought of at the word "crib". Maybe? I'm betting *most* people wouldn't think of it as having to do with co-sleeping since most people...
I love mama-baby love poems!