or Connect

Posts by NYCVeg

We go to one of the best pediatric allergy practices in the country (dd has very severe, very extensive food allergies, including peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, eggs, fish, and many others), and our doctor has always insisted that real-life trumps the test results. Dd came back negative to fish three times, despite clearly reacting to it--massive hives all over her face within minutes of eating. Our doc has said specifically that if you pulled a dozen people off the streets...
3 pairs Gap PJs, VGUC. Some wash wear, but elastic is still good, etc. Turtle has some very faint staining on front (visible in pic) and ladybug has small, pale stain on elbow.    I would strongly prefer to sell these as a lot. Asking $4 + shipping for one pair OR $8 ppd for 2 pairs or $11 ppd for all 3.  Please PM with interest/offers.
But why does the wife get to make unilateral decisions that pretty much put the husband between a rock and a hard place? I can't imagine, at six months pregnant, saying to my spouse: "Look, I know this is completely out of the blue, but I'VE decided that I absolutely must go raise this baby Alabama/California/Timbuktu, so you can either get on board, quit your job, and leave your children, grandchild, and friends or I'm taking this baby out of your life." Why is there no...
OP, you said that, because your wife is pregnant, she no longer has an escape (i.e., alcohol). I wonder if the sudden desire to move IS her escape. That is, if she sees the "fresh slate" as a way to get away from whatever problems she's struggling with in St. Louis. If this is the case, I would be even more reluctant to move--because I suspect that, once the bloom of newness wears off, she'll be stuck with the same internal issues and you will no longer have your own...
OP, if you think that divorce is a legitimate option for you, I would start talking to an attorney immediately. I'm not sure why you think that just because you're the male parent, you would be relegated to seeing your son only a few times a year. I'm no expert here, but as far as I know, courts are much more likely to divide custody equally (or at least more equitably) than they used to. And once there is a legal custody agreement in place, your wife is required to...
Selling a Hanna playdress, size 100, navy with aqua hearts, and matching striped leggings and socks. The dress and leggings are in truly excellent condition--no flaws that I can see, minimal wear. The socks have a bit of wear/staining on the bottoms. Asking $17 plus shipping for the whole lot. We're moving in a couple of weeks, so PM me ASAP if interested!
That's a relief. I figured I was going to alienate the parents of all of dd's friends when I had to teach them how to use an EpiPen!  
Yup--the reason that I make cute food is BECAUSE I have a special needs kid--specifically a kid with such severe and restrictive food allergies that she can't participate in any of the fun foods that her school friends get to it, can't have a slice of birthday cake at a party, can't eat at restaurants at all, EVER. I used to make wildly elaborate Christmas cookies for friends and family, but I can't do that anymore--working with lots of wheat flour in the kitchen could...
I have a Kathe Kruse Bambina doll in excellent condition. This is a life-sized baby doll, in beautifully-made clothing. The doll is wearing a white onesie, striped t-shirt, green corduroy pants with pink patches on the knee, and a floral pink hooded jacket with matching hat. The onesie has a very small stain on the back and there is some minor scuffing on the dolls head (hidden by the hat).    Retails for close to $200. Asking $35 plus shipping.  
Our house is pretty quiet. We have one dd, age 5. "TV" is only on the computer and only for an hour a day, so the volume is pretty low and it's not on that much. Dd is a great independent player--she can draw or play with Playmobils or legos by herself for hours. She's also not an especially rough-and-tumble kid--she doesn't jump on the furniture or bang around too much. She is a chatterer--she talks/narrates pretty much non-stop. :lol But she's not very noisy about it...