or Connect

Posts by EllasMama

Yep, DS has been drooling and gnawing his hands for 3-4 weeks now. Also clamping down on my boob regularly - OUCH!!! I can see where the teeth are growing up but they're not quite coming through yet. I think it's just the 2 bottom front ones. Carol
Re: keys, cell phones, and remotes, they aren't infant-safe (sharp points and buttons that can come off) plus they are filthy from daily handling. But my DD played w/them and I'm sure DS will, too! I tried giving the toy equivalents and DD was like, whatever, give me the real thing. And I often drink alcohol, about the same amt. that the other poster described. And feel the subsequent guilt. Though I have given it up for now b/c it's so bad for my depression. : ...
Quote: Originally Posted by ryleeee sometimes at night (like last night) when i'm getting NO sleep and every time i fall asleep haye cries, i think the worst things in the world. i would never do anything to hurt him, but i also can understand the overwhelming feeling of shaking your baby. or smothering them. or throwing them against the wall, or whatever other things people do. whenever i think "wow, i understand why someone would do that" i stop and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Abylite Well, I recently posted a thread called "I feel horrible...." because I let my DD fuss it out for 15 minutes after the upteenth time of nursing/rocking her to sleep. I was so exhausted...and I got "flamed" a bit on this board...thinking, why did I even bother to vent? I'm only human. I am sorry you were flamed. Wow, belittling someone for being exhausted - and human. If those who flamed you are so energetic,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydnee And lastly, I tend to make things sound worse to my DH than they actually are, just to make him feel bad for me. How pathetic ditto!
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollin I usually put my baby in the stroller for walks instead of wearing him. You know, I've tried slings, pouches, Baby Bjorn, and a mei tai, and you want to know something, THEY JUST AREN'T THAT GREAT to me. My back, neck and shoulders HURT when I wear baby for very long. We wore DS a lot more when he was first born, but he's 16 pounds now and it isn't that comfortable. I do often carry him around, and he...
Quote: Originally Posted by renaissanceed I feel like a rat for sticking her in that contraption for 22 minutes. Only on an AP board, LOL.... DS is an "easy" baby so I find myself ignoring him way more than I ever did DD. I get pangs of guilt when I go do something, then later walk by him in the bouncy seat or on the play mat, and he smiles up at me with this humongous smile...like he's so delighted that I finally bothered to drop by. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by april77 I love this age, I told dh that I want to freeze ds right here, at least for a couple of months. He's so happy, he talks more and is starting to laugh more, it's just so wonderful. amen!
Oliver's a full 3 months now and I can't believe it! I keep seeing people with newborns and marvelling at how tiny they are. Can't believe it's already over. Of course Ollie wasn't ever tiny, LOL! He's interacting a lot lately, "talking" to toys and examining the neckline of my shirt, etc. Not rolling over (though he did a couple times from front to back at 2 weeks old!) but has started laughing on occasion. DD can really get him going. A few days ago he was...
As do birth control pills, some of the time. Quote: Originally Posted by Steve's Wife Do you know that the IUD works in most cases by interfering with the implantation of the already-fertilized egg?