or Connect

Posts by EllasMama

My water broke with my DD and I didn't have any contractions at all for a good 12 hours. Things progressed to where I was in active labor about 16 hours after rupture. I was birthing w/midwives and they weren't worried at all - m/w's typically give 48-72 hours rather than the hospital's 12-24. I went in to see them but they didn't do any cervical checks till I went back to the birth center to give birth, when I was 9 cm. Good luck w/your birth. Soon you will be...
I guess I'm doing a good job of babymooning b/c it's been so hard to get on the computer or get anything else done. Ollie is doing great. He likes to nurse-nurse-nurse when he's awake, but also sleeps in good long chunks. 2 days after birth he was down 4 oz to 9 lbs even. Yesterday at 1 week old, he was up to 9 lbs 9 oz! My recovery has been so much easier than my first. Even with a rather good-sized tear, I haven't had hardly any perineal pain, and my...
Oliver Thomas arrived 1/31 at 11:43 am. He looks so much like big sister did when she was born...plus a couple pounds! I am thrilled to have a little boy and completely smitten and so in love with this cuddly, adorable baby. Ollie's a great nurser and pretty mellow (so far) as long as the milk keeps on comin'. The timing fell into place for having all my support people available and the birth, while way more quick/intense than I'd anticipated, was beautiful. Off to...
Name: Oliver Thomas Date born: 1/31 at 11:43 am Weight and Height: 9 lbs 4 oz, 20 inches How was the birth experience: intense but uncomplicated - had thought it would be a girl but was so excited when we saw a boy! Now I have one of each How are you doing? very well considering - definitely sore and tired, did have one pretty decent tear but didn't need sutures Link to your birth story? will try to write it when I have time....
Well I'll probably jinx myself by writing this, but... Friday I had some prelabor (very light) contractions through the evening hours, then Saturday and Sunday I had some brownish discharge. Early this morning I lost some of my plug and have lost a couple more bits and had a little bloody show today. What contractions I have now are sort of "light/medium" (uncomfortable but don't have to stop what I'm doing) and happening about every 15 minutes to half hour. My back...
I can't find my book right now, but I think Birthing From Within has a section on "Gentle Cesarean Birth" in it. If you do find you need one, just like with any other birth there are things you can do to prepare yourself, birth plan/preferences, etc. There's still tons of time for baby to turn and some great ideas have been mentioned. Definitely try some/all. And if it happens that baby doesn't turn and you choose to schedule a cesarean, that's really better in some...
I haven't personally used it but know some people who have. Like any labor inducer, if your body is "ready" then it will often work - which is to say that you'll feel ill and have diarrhea and possibly vomit, but labor will begin. If your body is not ready, you'll just have the yucks, diarrhea, and vomiting. If that happens, IMO you'll want to wait a couple days before trying induction again so you can get your fluid levels and nutrition back up to where they need to...
Definitely will go back to normal...before you know it! Some things improve very rapidly, like for me my hip pain went away right after birth. Other things like floppy belly take longer, but considering the nine months it takes for everything to grow and change, it's pretty cool how quickly you get many of your "normal" body functions back. Carol
Yay!!! Congrats, and I love the name, too, even have it on my list! Wishing you much rest and a wonderful babymoon. Carol
Mine are swollen, too, it sucks. Luckily all my shoes are loose and slip on (birks etc). Also, the skin at the bottom of my legs is pink/red in color, which my midwife said is normal. I don't have any pitting, BP is good, so it's just "normal" swelling. It feels very good to have my feet up, and the other day I begged DH for a foot massage...I think it's about time to do that again! Carol