or Connect

Posts by EllasMama

Congratulations!!! My DD was a sleepy baby the first few days, too, and trying to wake her all the time to feed was a nightmare. Then when she "woke up" she went from quiet to mad as h$ll, LOL. She had some extra energy built up I guess. Sorry to hear about the PPD but remember the first couple of weeks are often hard for EVERYbody. Hormones go wonky and life is soooo busy. It may start to get better on its own very soon. If not then there are tons of...
Congratulations!!!!! Welcome, lovely one, and take care, sweet mama! Carol
Quote: Originally Posted by Preciousfaerie7 The resposibility after she is born wont be hard at all. Its just getting her out!! lol Btw yes i understand everything that comes along with a newborn and no i do not think it will be too difficult or at least for the time being. Will your mom be able to assist with newborn care? Hopefully her disability isn't too severe and she'll be able to help. I don't mean to scare you, but do want to say that...
Oh bummer! I thought I figured it out. I'll try to figure it out again later. In the mean time, just imagine an enormous belly with a zillion stretch marks, LOL! Carol
I'm finally getting around to belly shots. Better late than never! Here's the belly draw my midwife did at 36 weeks approximating baby's position. Here's today at 39.3 weeks. Carol
Well, I'm not in labor yet but for the last week or two there's definitely been "more"! Even stopped up the toilet a couple times. It's not particularly comfortable, since the baby's low position is blocking easy passage of both #1 and #2. The past couple days I feel like I need to go constantly (instead of merely 30 times a day, LOL).
That's definitely a bit irritating to get "mixed messages" about each thing happening (this one doesn't mean labor, but that one does, oh no wait, that one doesn't necessarily mean it either...). From what I can tell from everyone's stories, either one can be a sign of labor being really close, or of not being close at all. It just depends and is probably best not to get too excited. I had some pink/brownish discharge this morning and am trying to not think too much...
Whoohooo!! I'm so excited for you. Carol
My legs have been feeling achy and swollen a lot lately. One knee hurts if I step wrong. Last week there was a day where I was sure I either was coming down with something or was going into labor, I was so sore all over and bloated and lethargic. But nothing came of it. I think I just had overdone it the 2-3 days before that plus my allergies were acting up. I'm not on my feet all day long or anything, but by nighttime my legs are just spent. Oh, and I get a lot of...
Your brother's custody issues sound challenging, but are NOT an excuse not to be available to help you and your mom. YOU NEED HELP. Not because you are weak, or incapable, but because ANYONE and EVERYONE in your situation would need help. I have a ton of help lined up this time, because I figure it's a whole lot easier to call and cancel someone helping than to be knee-deep in baby poop and trying to frantically figure out someone to call. All new mamas deserve...