or Connect

Posts by EllasMama

Glad I'm not alone and thanks for thinking of me, Sleepymama! I'm sure hoping this baby falls out and soon, LOL! Sabdoulamama, I don't have a toddler or cat, but I feel kinda the same way - come on baby, before I have to wash/clean/etc. anything yet again! Then there are the crappy things to deal with like calling the mortgage company when they screw something up every month, my diaper bag fiascos (long story), and the fact that my mom finds a reason to call every day. ...
That is WONDERFUL! Give yourself a much-deserved pat on the back for making that happen. You're awesome, mama! Carol
My patience is wearing thin!!!! DD was born at 39 weeks 1 day, so though I tried to remain open, I had it firmly in my mind this baby would be even earlier, certainly no later. Well, unless I pop the kid out before 4 am tonight, that's not gonna happen! Anybody else frustrated about being past when they thought they'd birth? I'm so annoyed...I've got everything all ready, most of it has been set up for 2 weeks now. I am glad it's done, but OTOH I sort of wish my...
Quote: Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys Nope, I never remember, but then again I don't remember anything right now - I'm lucky if I can remember my own name Ditto...and ditto! I have been doing a handful of pelvic tilts most nights before bed, at least. Tried to do some squats the other day - only b/c I was hoping it would encourage baby to come out - but I'm just too big and off-balance and out of shape. Blech. Carol
If you plan to be in the tub right up till birth, then you probably won't give a rat's behind whether you're dressed or not at that point. Once you give birth you'll likely want baby right on your bare stomach/chest, so you may not want to bother with anything, but just a sheet or blanket in case you feel cool. A big tee shirt or your own comfy gown is a good idea in case you need something, though, and it'd be better to have it and not use it than not have it and wish...
First of all, {{{HUGS}}} to you for having to contemplate all this. I've measured ahead by 3-5 cm the whole time, and also measured ~3 ahead with my DD, who was very average in size (7.5). So, don't let the belly measurement scare you. I think I just tend have a lot of amniotic fluid, and DD was a pretty long (skinny) baby. Hopefully the ultrasound you're getting will give a smaller indication. Isn't it irritating how the medical community acts so sure of their...
Oh, mama, HUGS to you. Why not get that blanket out and have a good cry if you want to? There's no rule that says you have to be the strong one all the time. Tears can be so therapeutic, and IMO it can be good for other family members to see that you're at the end of your rope and need TLC as much or more than anyone else (or anyway, MY family members sometimes forget that THEY aren't the center of the universe). How about a warm bath, preferably with the door...
Definitely still pregnant here! Will be 39 weeks on Wednesday. DD was born at 39 wks 1 day so I was convinced this one would be earlier, like last Friday or Saturday. Not!! What's going well is that I'm VERY prepared. I'm usually a terrible procrastinator but for some odd reason worked my butt (and my DH's butt) off getting everything set early for this baby, who of course I thought might be here by now. But now I'm getting irritated, looking at all the diapers...
I don't know if it's the same thing, but when I sit down to go to the bathroom (esp. at night or if I'm trying to poop) I get a big bulge that's sort of centered between my vagina and anus. The baby's head is low and is pushing down all the tissue between it and the outside in a squishy round bulge. Feels like I could poop the baby out sometimes! If only it were that easy, LOL. Sorry you don't like your doc. That sucks. Maybe the other guy will be on call when...
None here either, till I get ready to push. I did try to check my own cervix a week or two ago (had a cervical prolapse in Dec. and wanted to make sure everything was in place). Well, I couldn't find my cervix, it was so far back! It's usually tilted/posterior and fairly hard to reach, but it's totally out of reach now, LOL. Carol