or Connect

Posts by goingonfour

Sorry that so many are still suffering with the dreaded sickness aspect, but glad that some who were still, are starting to feel better. Being sick the whole time is a possibility we would all dread.   Marcimama, so sorry about your little girl's hair! My solution to a daughter who hated having her hair brushed or combed or contained, was to keep it in a chin-length bob, but her hair being straight, that made it easy. Curls are a different matter, and have to be kept...
Good points, about the "dream baby" notions and that we as mothers have to learn to let go of preconceived (hehe) ideas.But on the point of girlyness, yes, the colors pink and purple being associated with femininity are definitely artificial cultural constructs (blue was for girls, and pink for boys before WWII, and before that, everyone dressed babies in white dresses regardless of gender, because it was easiest to bleach stains out of, and easiest for diaper...
Hey Cagirlintexas! My DH had the same worry about homeschooling, and has asked me a few times, "Are you sure you'll be ok still homeschooling with a new baby?" and I think he really does not get one very important thing: It is literally far, far easier to NOT have to get a 6 yo and a then-to-be-10-yo (with food allergies into the bargain!) dressed, packed up, lunches packed, backpacks in order, and out the door each day (esp. considering that in this crazy place, you're...
 For the sake of the reply to Eggs, I feel some clarification is needed about what facts and beliefs are, and how they are different.Planning for a medicated, or unmedicated, labor and birth, is a choice, and making value-judgements about medications is a process of opinion.I don't argue the right of people to make their own choices based on their opinions and beliefs.What I would argue, is that facts and opinions or beliefs, are not the same thing. Some facts: 1) Drugs...
Very, very true. Having had a Pit induction with my first (that led to an epidural and cesarean), and then having natural unmedicated labor and birth twice more with larger babies later on, I can say that the Pit was so much worse, that remembering how much worse it was, kind of gave me courage through the unmedicated births, because whatever I was going through at the time, it wasn't as bad as that Pit had been! I would be the last woman on earth to expect any other woman...
I found these adorable green owl soft-soled shoes/booties on Etsy! My DS3 had the cutest little softsoled owl shoes as a toddler and he loved them so, it gave me the idea to go looking.
I only just saw this, because I was sick and didn't get on here for at least the past week, but you made me cry. The Little Boy Owl had become real to me. He IS real to me. There, more tears. I'm happy for you, and for him. I struggle with the near-certainty that this child I carry will likely have multiple food allergies just like my 3 kids...and each one seems to have more than the last. It's scary, it's depressing, and it cast a shadow over my happiness for a long...
That is good advice. The "old bait and switch" and "leading you down the garden path" is so often mentioned in support forums for women who were seeking natural birth and/or VBAC, that you can almost expect and prepare for that. Bring a posse if you can. A doula is a good idea, as well as a partner who is as educated on things as you are, and as committed to standing up for you. Hormones will make it harder to be put under the kind of emotional pressure you will likely...
So true, Delighted, about how it all seems to boil down to who you're seeing, as to what is true, false, imaginary, necessary, etc. Evidence-based need is a great phrase to remember, so thanks for that one! I'm also allergic to penicillin and amoxycillin, plus codene-type painkillers, and my hubby is allergic to penicillin AND sulfa drugs... so we had best try not to need any of that!
jenjen, that is one heck of a roller coaster ride you've been on, and I'm glad you and the baby are ok. I hope you'll keep us updated, and I hope things ease up with your hubby. He must have been terrified too. Maybe being "needy" was his way of being terrified, man-style? Hugs to you all!