or Connect

Posts by carlyray

How much? I am 13 weeks and up a couple pounds (although may have lost a pound of muscle too due to some changes in my workout schedule).  I am feeling like I am so focused on food, and it is hard not to be preoccupied, and subsequently overeat. Does anyone feel this way??   I gained roughly 50-55lbs with my first.. I was super depressed and literally gave up and had brownies and milkshakes every day.  I am SO determined not to do that or gain that much this time, and I...
I am 13 weeks as well and have only told my dad, not my mom or my boyfriend's parents, extended family, etc.  I am a full-time law student and also care for my 18month old son almost full time (except when in class), and we are not married, etc.  Plus my mom doesn't really approve of our relationship, so although she loves her grandson, I think she would be bothered by me being more anchored to my boyfriend (instead of a taller, richer man she would desire for me)....
I am almost 12 weeks.  Excited to not feel exhausted (or less so!).  Trying not to tell family until after we know the gender, so a few more weeks away.  The only way I can get away with that is that my mom is out of state, otherwise she knows my body too well to get away with that!   Finally feeling a little excited about my son having a sibling, and feeling more confident in myself as a mother.  And I keep reminding myself that I have the control and power to assert...
Everyone is talking about successfully night-weaning, and I need to do it soon but no idea how.  I used to easily handle 2-3 wake ups and nursing back to sleep within 10 minutes each time.  In the past few months, his sleeping has gotten so much worse!!  like 4-10 wake ups, and often waking up the second I put him back down.  Sometimes he won't even go back to sleep.  I am 11 weeks pregnant with #2, and plan on gradually weaning him completely by mid-summer, but I am in...
wow i was hoping to read other responses!  my 17.5 month old seems to be waking more and more.  co-sleeping or in his own bed.  Night weaning is next…  I have no idea what to tell you, except mine will sometimes be up for hours.  he did not used to do this as an infant!!  i feel your pain !
Victoria Beckham has had 4 c sections, and she "apparently" looks great.  Tori Spelling had 4, and ended up w placenta previa in the last pregnancy…Not that they're role models, but only people who I am aware of with 4!  I have had 1, #2 in August…. Good luck :)
Some people heal perfectly, and some remain uneven .  But give it several months before you judge yours!  it takes several months to heal :)
Hey!!  Mine took probably 9-10 months to not have occasional pain.  It has healed perfectly (17months out).  The color has faded.  I can barely tell it is there.  I will have to get another one in August (2 yrs after the first).  I will let you know how that goes.  :)
I don't remember feeling this depressed with my first pregnancy.  In all fairness, I had NO idea what was in store.  Lots of issues (money, workload, sex)  came up with my partner, lots of crazy mother and MIL drama, and other things.  We worked through some of it, or a good portion, and even in the beginning of December I was feeling somewhat optimistic.  But now, I have never felt so depressed.  It is like a dark cloud.  I know the exhaustion does not help, but still....
I gained about 50-55lbs with my first.  I did pretty well, eating prob too much but all healthy.  Then, at 28 weeks, something personal happened that caused me to fall into a depression, and I ate, ate, ate sweets. Pans of brownies, extra large cookies n cream milkshakes, and the donuts………yummmmyy..  I am DEFINITELY avoiding that this time.  Id like only to gain 25.  Stay lean and toned with a belly :)