or Connect

Posts by Pastrydemon

Quote: Originally Posted by Love2learn Thanks That's what I was wanting to do- go see the nutritionist, do the diet, check levels. But in order to do that I would have to take the GD diagnosis which labels you as high risk. They won't let you go over and you'll be induced if you have GD. I am really wanting a natural birth. They also do lots of ultrasounds which can be inaccurate and lead to a csection. This is all so stressful and...
I would for sure see a nutritionist. The guidelines my perinatolgist uses are under 95 for fasting and under 120 at 2 hours post-meal. He says the 1 hour-post meals are useless for pregnant women as your stomach empties more slowly during pregnancy. Tweaking my diet helped my numbers a lot. I had been eating a protein snack right before bed and my numbers were in the low 100's/high 90's for fasting. I switched to a carb/protein snack an hour or two before bed and...
Oh...and furthermore.....DH is totally opposed to having my mom come up here for now. In his defense, she does drive me nuts and he's trying to keep my stress level down (sort of). BUT....how the heck am I supposed to get to the rest of my appointments this week AND finish my work??? He says he'll help but then I know it will be the hemming and hawing again and making me feel like I'm imposing on his time. WTF??? OH, AND...he works every day/night this week until...
40w5d here. DD was born by now. No fair! I thought second babies were supposed to come earlier. Wah. I got some accupuncture yesterday and will return for more tomorrow after my (third -- *sigh*) NST. Really done with being pregnant and really stressed about the induction hanging over my head on Thursday. DH is working today so I'm on my own with DD (4). Trying to decide if I feel up to taking her to a birthday party (she doesn't know about it yet) or just hang...
40w4d here. With DD...this was the night I went into labor. Hoping this little one follows in his big sister's footsteps. I'm going to get some accupuncture today to see if I can get this party started. He is pretty much totally out of room AND now I have a scratchy throat and congestion. Fun!
I'm right there with you -- only my OB has set next Thursday (41w2d) as my deadline (I have GD and 42 weeks is Xmas...she won't be there...looong story). I've heard of sucess w/ acupuncture and I'm getting some tomorrow. I have to keep reminding myself that I had almost no warning w/ DD so I shouldn't get upset that it doesn't feel like much is "going on." I know how hard it is to relax.....especially w/ "the deadline" looming over our heads. I swear, it adds a day...
Oh god oh god oh god......I remember that! I had a 3rd degree tear and stitches that were still healing. I had to support my perineum with a wad of tissue and I'm pretty sure I cried! HORRIBLE!
My only symptom before active labor w/ DD was bad nausea! Good luck to you!
I have the same thing going on and have for the last couple of weeks. Have hope that it means *something* is changing down there......
C'mon baby! Come out now! I know how you feel, mama....my OB scheduled an induction for me for next Thursday (41w2d) as it was the last available "slot" this year and I have GD....UUUUGGGGGG! I HATE having that hanging over my head.