or Connect

Posts by Pastrydemon

40w1d here. Due to my GD my OB has me scheduled for an induction on the 20th. Uuuuuughhh! She doesn't think it will come to that but I'm a bit stressed with that "threat" over my head. Please come baby boy..... Other than that, I'm moody and irritable. Luckily DD is in preschool today. I have a ton of work to catch up on.
Good luck! You'll be meeting your baby girl soon!
Lovely, lovely! Thank you for sharing! Gorgeous little Liam! -Erin
Oh Lisa -- I am SO sorry to hear about that. My husband and I also closed one of our restaurants last week. Horrible, horrible.... So so sorry -- keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
Quote: Originally Posted by crsta33 I've heard a theory that women "fall in love" with the person who catches their baby b/c of the outpouring of oxytocin after the birth. It "bonds" you to the ppl close by during/after the birth. I think that's how women can "love" their OB even after a really rough birth, esp if she feels like the OB "saved" her or the baby. But women also get attached before birth happens. Christa Don't know about...
ELV to you!
Quote: Originally Posted by lisarussell I would probably go to the Borders coffee shop and read the most alternative-parenting book they had on the shelf, and drink a nice latte and just WAIT for someone to make a nasty comment about being pregnant drinking caffeine or my book or something. Then, when that got boring, I would maybe see an R rated movie at the theater and buy one of every treat and pig out the whole time. You and I would for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quindin No music is weird as long as YOU like it!! My Birth Music folder on my Ipod has ALL KINDS of styles and artists in it Totally agree -- and I also have a "labor music" folder on my iPod -- has tons of stuff. Last time around around I got made fun of for having a bunch of Pink Floyd CDs but hey --- whatever works. Actually never got around to playing it and the woman laboring in the next room was blasting...
I'm also nesting like crazy and it's neigh impossible to keep the house clean with an active 4 year old runnning around. Everywhere she goes...it looks like a little girl exploded. There are tea parties going on in every room right now. I guess I should at least be grateful that she's entertaining herself so well, as it's allowing me to get some paperwork done. I'm also suffering from horrible PIA! I love that term! EVERYthing is annoying me. No one can do...
Here's mine: It's hot and rainy here, DD is all jacked up about Xmas and I can't seem to get in the mood. I'm due Tuesday and I have a ton of things to get done before then, work-wise, so that I can take the appropriate time off after (my husband owns a restaurant and I do the bookkeeping), I'm (illogically) stressed about going too far over 40 weeks due to my gestational diabetes. All I want are carbs! My blood sugars are getting harder and harder to control. I just...