or Connect

Posts by morgansmum

Absolutely no for me! DH says absolutely yes. If they invent a way for him to carry the next one then he can have another, but this mama is done.
You don't have to tell her if she doesn't ask. However you may be risking that if it comes up later or she asks about it you may be left with out Daycare. We had found a sitter a few years ago for DD#1 we liked and everything was set. On the first day she said, "oh I forgot to have you fill this out." I didn't fill out the vax section and she asked why and I told her and well I left with my child the same day I arrived. I now tell any potential caregivers to not have...
We had an opportunity to do this as well a couple months ago when a coworkers child had CP but my kids were recovering from the flu. We were also concerned that my youngest is only 18 months so all things considered we decided to wait. I obviously would wait and think there will be more opportunities in the future, good luck, hope your family is feeling better
Quote: I don't get the point of signing a waiver for going against medical advice in general. I mean, if I was a 2 pack a day smoker and went for my checkup and my doc said "you need to quit that" and I said "no thanks" would they make me sign a waiver to continue smoking? Good point. I was thinking about the fact that I don't vaccinate myself, I refuse annual flu shots, hep b (for work -recommended) and no one makes me sign a waiver. We still...
Quote: Holy moley. Finding a doctor that comfortable in admitting he's wrong is great. I am impressed. Also impressed with how well you apparently explained yourself. Quote: But can I just say... wow. How awesome that he listened to you and then tore up the paper he wanted you to sign, right there on the spot like that! Then asked for YOUR input to how they should handle it. I was pretty shocked too. He has not always been this...
Quote: We don't vax and we've never been asked to sign anything. I think the doctor's office should just add a "declined" column to their vax record form--if the family vaxes, write in the date; if they don't vax, check "declined" and be done with it. This is what they have been doing for the last 3 years we have been going there. I think they want us to sign or initial something, do you mean a check sheet they do or with a signature after each...
Quote: Something as simple as "I (name) the parent/guardian of (child) have been informed by (doctor) of the risks and benefits of vaccination. For religious reasons, I am declining vaccination. " Sign, date, etc. This is kind of what I was thinking as well. However we have a moral exception which I would use. The waiver they presented me with was a page long and full of terminology that basically says yes I am making a poor choice and...
I took DD into an annual appointment to see the ped. When the nurse was done she handed me a form, told me to read and sign. I asked what it was and she said it was a vax waiver. I said this is new. She said yes with all the media attention ( she lists - recalled vaxs, Jenny Mcarthy, news stories etc) we are now implementing this waiver because we have seen more resitance. I glanced at it and right away new I would not sign it and said what happens now. She said talk...
Hi Ladies, Not sure if anyone is interest but I was just a the DBR thrift store and they have a learning tower for $35!!! We paid $160 just last Christmas for ours so this is a phenominal deal. For those of you who have been to my home its the wood tower in the corner of the kitchen everyone asks about . If anyone was in the market, it's there and in great shape! I work a few blocks from the store so if any out of Bismarck mamas are interested I would be happy to...
Quote: Oh, I wanted to add that in my DD's school when they want to get the children's attention they ring a little bell and the children immediately respond. Maybe you could suggest she/they do something more along the lines of that instead of scaring all the kids and raising her/their voice. Yep they have a bell they ring every morning and the kids know to line up. They rang the bell and then when they all ran to line up with out cleaning up the...