or Connect

Posts by katebleu

My mother teaches preschool and claims that the only really effective way to teach politeness, respect, etc. is through modelling. I know through experience with my toddler that modelling works better than anything else. At 13 months Lucie said thank you "ta-tu" because I said thank you everytime someone held a door for us when we were out in the stroller. Please is much harder though as most adults don't use please as often in everyday conversation. When I order a...
1. What's your first name? Kate 2. Where do you live? Seattle, WA 3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Birth Center 4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH 5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? I don't know. A second baby. 6. What are you most scared of? I had a miscarriage last fall. I'm really trying not to be obsessed with that. 7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Don't let people freak...
I've been crocheting cotton bags for a couple of months now. It was my spring project after I used up all my scrap wool knitting swirly hats right after Christmas. I also have two unfinished afghans. One for DP and one that's an emergency baby gift, but I don't give blankets in the summer so I'll finish it in the fall when I'm done making bags. I'm a little compulsive. I'm hoping to find a place to sell my bags this summer. I do get to order more yarn this week...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jezzy Any of you not having many signs that you are preg? My boobs don't hurt so bad any more. I do get hungry real fast. Other than that I feel fine? I wish I had m/s Maybe it is to early for me Don't feel bad. I could totally miss the first trimester. (And nearly did with my 2 1/2 year old.) I'm hungrier than normal, tireder than normal and I have to use the bathroom every 30 minutes. No sore breasts, no nausea....
I'm Kate. I'm probably due the first or second of February. I won't know for sure for a while since I find no reason to go to the mid-wife until 11 or 12 weeks. My 2 1/2 year old was born on her due date. I got a positive Friday, but I could smell it Wednesday. I don't really do nausea. I get really tired and hungry. I also try to pass out a lot which might be more annoying than throwing up really, but it doesn't happen all that often.
Well, let's see. First off, can I come live where I own my home outright? Secondly, most of your list I don't count in the monthly budget. Light bulbs are from the grocery store so that comes out of the grocery money, and I don't buy plants I kill them. Here's a monthly break down of our budget (without rent)... $150 gas for the car and car expenses. $40 electric water, sewer, etc are covered in our rent $620 bills - everything from cable and phone to college...
Last nights episode felt like filler or like a soap opera. I'm sure that important things happened last night but it was all set up for later. I hate that.
Quote: Originally Posted by mmace So this morning I was watching old Frasier reruns, and who should show up but TR Knight! He was a patient of Frasier's but was in and out of the office in probably two minutes flat. Oh, and Frasier's temporary receptionist was Alma from Desperate Housewives. I love, Love, LOVE seeing old episodes with people guest starring before they were well known. I saw the Friends with Ellen Pompeo not too long ago...
Chandra Wilson plays Dr. Miranda Bailey. Shonda Rhimes is the creator/writer of the show.
I predicted during a show with Derek's sister (also an OB) that Alex would go OB and Addison, Alex and Derek's sister would form a clinic together. If they can keep the writing up, I'm all for it. Television needs more good shows.