or Connect

Posts by ADSC

Or just a few friends who are moms?
So exciting Tamara! We live in the country now. A LOT of living expenses, but it's been worth it because I know if I don't see tomorrow at least I spent today in a beautiful place surrounded by woods and wildlife!   We are 13 weeks today! So, depending on who you ask, we are either a week away from the 2nd trimester or IN IT NOW! I have my first appointment with the midwife in a week. I ended up cancelling my OB/GYN appt because I didn't have anyone to go with me and I...
 Thanks, everyone Kristy, this is what I was thinking. Yesterday when he got home, I asked, "how have you been feeling since we got pregnant? are you angry? are you worried?" He said he's fine, but, knowing my husband, I said, "well why dont you think about it and let me know." He will mull it over, I'll have an answer in a few days ;-)
So adorable, so amazing! Thank you for sharing- I've been wondering what my little one is up to in there, and now I can imagine!! I'm 12 weeks, 4 days, so maybe my baby is playing, too!   I had an US at 9 weeks, and I have an appt with the midwife in 10 days (hoping to hear the heartbeat then!) Can't wait to see our baby in another 8 weeks!
My husband gets really frustrated about my forgetfulness, for instance absent-mindedly leaving my guitar near the front door instead of putting it in the living room where he likes it causes him to yell at me. When I try talking to him about it, he yells at me more. I grew up in a violent environment with a lot of yelling, so it really stresses me out to have someone in my home yelling at me. I tried to explain to him that it's bad for our baby, but he won't listen and I'm...
I'm 10 weeks, 5 days, and I am still nauseous a lot. I am getting my appetite back a little- depends on the day- but I am still tired a lot and I have a new symptom- headaches!   Wonder if those of us with persistent nausea are carrying girls!
Congratulations!!!  I can't wait to join you on Tuesday when we're 11 weeks, too!
This is my first, and the week before I found out I was pregnant a girl's name came to my mind spontaneously, and it was the first time I had ever thought a name would be suitable for my child . . . my husband liked it, too. I have severe nausea, bloating, and fatigue, and the nausea is aggravated by increased post-nasal drip.
I talked to my midwife yesterday, and she said none of her clients "shadow" see OB-GYNs because opinions differ. She has a lot of experience and really great success rate (110 births last year, only 5 were transported). So, at this point I am considering not even going in for my first prenatal. I feel like I have bad luck with Drs- they do nothing but freak me out and scare me, then they don't have answers. All the reassurance in the world wouldn't be enough for me to not...
Last weekend, sharp, severe pains in my lower abdomen, groin, and thighs kept me awake at night. In the morning, my husband freaked out and insisted I call a doctor. Since our first prenatal appointment wasn't for a few more weeks, we called the ER. Of course, they insisted that we come in immediately because my fallopian tubes could rupture. . .   We went in, everything was fine. They did a transvag ultrasound and I saw the fetus (they wouldn't let my husband in and...