or Connect

Posts by readergirl925

Hi ladies, I know it's been a few weeks but I haven't stopped reading this thread, just haven't posted in a while.  The possibility of using a known donor has come up for me and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for questions I could ask him.  I don't know him well, (friend of a friend situation,) and I'm already planning on asking these questions:   I'm not currently ready to start trying to get pregnant now, do you know if you'd still be willing to help me out in...
I'm so sorry, :(
Am I the only one who is figuring out what kind of car seat and co sleepers and cloth diapers I want to use before I even get pregnant?  LOL I must have spent 3 hours last night looking around amazon and the internet in general for info on cloth diapers, car seats etc.  I'm not crazy, I swear.
girlspn, that sucks that shipping is so much.  I hope you're able to figure out a way to get the vials to you without it costing too much.   Am I the only one who goes through days of "I can do this!" and days of "Crap.  I can't do this."  I'm still in the thinking stage, is that normal?
Thank you so much for the information, all of you.  This thread has given me a lot to think about.  I look forward to reading the books.  Does anyone have any other book suggestions?
Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to have found this thread, I haven't read all the responses, but I'm a thinker right now, I'm 25 and I've wanted to be a mom since I was 7 and my parents babysat my baby cousin for a weekend.  I didn't realize until a few months ago there was a name for what I wanted to do.   Anyway, like I said, I'm a thinker right now and I'm trying to decide how to become a SMC.   Adoption? super expensive depending and depending on the type of adoption, it...
Thank you all for your replies. I've still got a lot to think about but I appreciate the input!
I'm seriously thinking of adopting as I've had some health issues that have impacted my fertility.  I know adoption may be the only way that a child ever calls me mom.  I'm all right with it.  My question is how did you decide between Domestic infant adoption, Foster care or International adoption? I'm nowhere near ready to adopt at the moment but it's always been in the back of my mind and I've been looking at the different ways to adopt, my mind is spinning.  It seems...