or Connect

Posts by Tapioca

We had a bbq on Canada day.  My DD is away with her grandparents right now, but 2 of our friends bought their daughters (one 11, one 10).    After everyone had left DH found a pair of pooey knickers in the rubbish bin in the bathroom.   Should I mention it to the parents?  Or should I just leave it?  I'm not bothered by it really - kids are kids etc - but I wondered if it might indicate a deeper issue that the parents should know about.  or not.    I need...
  Yes.   It does pass though - then at 7 it takes on a whole new level.  HAHA!  Hang in there mama.
  Yes, you can do that with toddlers.  Absolutely.  You will have very limited success with older kids...trust me on that.   Did it occur to you that maybe those parents HAVE told their kids that?  I tell my kid lots of things about how she should act, but, um, she's 8.  As I said before, kids of that age just don't think like adults do and they certainly don't always listen to their parents - haha.   Anyway, I'm sorry your LO got shoved like that (my guess is it wasn't...
hahaha.  You rock, you just gave me my first chuckle of the day.   I easily get through a bottle of champers a week.  I have a glass every night in the hot bath...is nice.   *I am not pregnant
I'm not monitoring my 8 year old all the time when she's at the park and I don't expect other parents to monitor their older children all the time either.   For a start it's not appropriate - kids of that age need to develop a sense of confidence in the world away from their parents (I'm a free ranger).  The reality is 7-10 are still kids: though they seem huge compared to the LOs, they are the centre of the their own worlds and don't see the big picture the way adults...
the house looks pretty arse-y during the week.  On sundays I spend a couple of hours dusting, vacuuming, mopping etc.  I have a very small house though.  The OH does DD lunches, school stuff etc.   IMO, you just have to let stuff go and out-source where you can.  We now get SPUD delivery of vegetables every week because doing a weekly shoppin gtrip just takes up too much of the weekend.   I am a pretty good cook and can make food out of anything, so that's not such...
yes he does have two jobs.  he needs to get over it.
good for you, bejewelled.  It's liberating isn't it?  welcome to the club ;)
I agree with the others.   One time some older kids were throwing stones at 18 mo DD as she tried to climb up the steps of a slide.  I just went over and told them off.  End of problem.  I don't have a problem speaking up if older kids are out of line - but like the others, I make it about them, not their parent.  With the best of intentions no parent can be on top of their kid all the time.  I feel the same way about other parents pulling my DD in line - I am...
my advice: temp at any kind of office work (reception, whatever) to get your foot in the door and get past the gatekeepers.  Then you can use that opportunity to show your accounting skills and make that move.