or Connect

Posts by Tapioca

I have stopped vaxing my daughter. I plan to send her to preschool next year. I notice that they state they require proof of immunisations for admission. 1. Is this legal? 2. Is there an exemption form? 3. Has anyone admitted their un-vaxed kid to preschool? 4. What can I do if they say "no'? Do I have any rights? I have tried to find the answers myself but I can't find anything clear, since preschools don't seem to be under the boards of...
MT, thanks for opening my eyes. Now I just have to convince my partner that not vaccinating from now on is the way to go. Agree with the others - a great book, very easy to read.
I agree with Momtwice. He is a bully and he *knows* he can get away with it with you. Please, please speak up.
Quote: Originally Posted by GranoLLLy-girl Is anyone else in the same boat? What happened and what did you do? How is it that families can be so cruel and selfish? I just don't get it. I would love to hear from others who have moved on and triumphed over in the situations that are similiar. THANKS for reading, and thanks for replying...I am really feeling hurt for my kids right now that the family is acting this way. For me, the major...
Wow. I'm really feeling for all the people who have posted on this thread. I've finally cut ties (not permanently, perhaps, but for the time being) with distant and manipulative parents and I have no regrets. But, as I know you know, it's a long hard path to accepting that you're never going to get the love you seek. Long. Hard. I don't think there's any way to rush the process, to be honest. Even if you 'know' something in your head, it takes longer for you to...
Back in 1989, I think it was, NZ had a campaign to innoculate high school kids against Hep B. I was one of them. A few years later, I had mononucleosis (sp?) and lost a bunch of weight, could barely walk, read, or even think. I lost 1 year of my life and it took me months to recover. The doctor talked "epstein-barr" and whispered "chronic fatigue" but in the early 90's in NZ that was a very unacceptable diagnosis. Ever since then, my health hasn't been great. I...
Thank you MT! Got mine today.
Quote: Originally Posted by happyfrog Just giving an update on my Kushies purchase from Walmart. I got the 5 pack Toddler size. (4 mo old is 20 lbs, 2 yr old is 25 lbs). I received the order less than a week after placing it online. No hassles there. I LOVE these diapers! I'm so glad they are working for you!
IT sucks when people we love say thoughtless things. Maybe she was just worried about you? And didn't think it through?
Quote: Originally Posted by monkeys4mama but they don't compare at all to the high quality diapers from wahms. So it's even more of a mixed blessing. It might be a benefit to expose more parents to modern cloth diapers and more babies might get diapered in cloth if they could buy cheap cloht diapers. But I wonder if Kushies will disappoint the potential cloth diaper users as much as they disappointed me? That would surely discourage...