or Connect

Posts by Tapioca

hmmm...i wonder how much of it has to do with where you're at in your parenting journey.   As I said before, I was a judgemental cowbag in my previous SAHM life.  I've mellowed a LOT since then.   I was having lunch with a friend who is pregnant for the first time.  She told me how judgemental she was of other parents and how she couldn't seem to help herself.  She seemed to have particular issues with parenting styles i.e parents who she percieved did not...
re dads, the DH was working at home with DD for her first year of school.  He just organized meetings etc. around her schedule.  The only judgement - if you could call it that - was from the elderly neighbours who said  to me one day "we never see you no more! you shouldn't be working so hard! tell HIM (DH) to work! A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be so busy" blah blah blah LOL. I just smiled and explained to them he was working very hard, and a lot of hours late at...
  Yeah...I have been thinking about this thread a lot since I first posted.  I feel like I can see both sides, because I've done both.  I was a SAHM for 5 years before I had to go back to work to make $$$ for my family.  It was very hard at the time and I tore myself up into little guilt-ridden shreds about missing DD's kindergarten days, not being there for her like I had been,  oh the emotional trauma it would cause, blah blah blah.   I've now been working 3 years and...
Kids are curious about bodies and stuff - that's normal.   It all sounds innocent to me.  I really hope you can patch things up with your sister.
I must live in an alternative universe because mostly, I don't.  Luckily most of my friends are the live and let live type.    I dare someone to say something to my face about my parenting choices...I am not afraid of confrontation, haha
This is why I put DD in highland dancing.   You can be competitive - or not.  It's up to you/your kid.  No teacher is going to tell you you can't compete.  The parents are relatively sane.  The dance itself is great exercize and even better, no slutty looking costumes.  (not that I mind that really, but the it's the whole competitve insane dance thing I want to avoid).   I think your idea of looking for another studio is a good one - it sounds like this one has...
There was a little bit of IRL judgement over my home birth.  I just learnt not to bring it up - don't need other people's opinions.    I'm a working parent now and kid is in school.  Happily this removes me from any school related BS - i know there is some between certain mums but i odn't htink that's in the "mommy war" sense, rather the personality/class clash sense.   A SAHM looks after DD.  If anything what I've noticed is that the parents help each other out...
Could he be depressed?
If they only last for 2 days off the head why do the stuffies needed to be plastic bagged for 2 weeks?  I don't understand. 
sorry mama.   However I agree with the others.   Your partner has a serious problem and you can't be sure what your kids have seen and dealt with while you are at work.