or Connect

Posts by Tapioca

since 2005..but was lurking since about 2003.
oh, is TWWS still around?  huh.   I thought they did a lot of discussing of MDC threads (and posters).  was briefly on it but I left.  Too snarky for me.
Long time member, long time not posting here.   I backed away from MDC for a whole lot of reasons, some of which have already been covered (kid is older, confident in my parenting choices, etc)  I've come back because I'm thinking about having another (not very seriously, though) and thoughted I'd dip in again.  WOW, has this place changed.    Not in a way that's put me off though.   DD is now 8 (!) and I was pleased to see there is a forum for older kids. ...
I think it is a great idea but you need to  make boundaries very very clear from the outset.   Our situation was not exactly the same - we bought a house with another couple and split it into two suites.  We had a joint account where we each paid a certain amount every month to cover house upkeep etc.  We didn't share any food or anything though - unless one family invited over the other.   We were both pet owners and it went really well when we needed dog...
Diclectin.
http://www.canada.com/news/Canadians...281/story.html Gigismom: However, the poll reveals there are also significant regional differences in the way Muslims are viewed in Canada. While 72% of Quebecers said Muslims didn’t share their values, compared to 19% who said they do, that rate dropped to 35.5% in British Columbia where 40.8% saw shared values with Muslims. Ontario and Alberta were closer to the national average. In Ontario, 54.5% said Muslims don’t share...
http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigrat...out/index.page BC PNP above Alberta, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan all have provincial immigration plans. You (general you) really need to think about what kind of lifestyle you want, as they are all VERY different.
Quote: Originally Posted by JessieBird Only have a sec but want to add my two bits on some questions that have come up. Having lived in Vancouver, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia, personally I'd take a snowy winter over a rainy one! Lower mainland BC is so lovely in a million different ways but not seeing the sun for 75+ days IN A ROW is brutal. Maybe I was there for a bad year but I'm seriously not exaggerating. It just about broke my spirit....
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move The public schools where we currently live are overcrowded and underfunded. There are some charter schools, but most have long waiting list. I feel very fortunate to be able to write a check and have my kids in a wonderful school. And what I see around me isn't that others have different priorities, such has flashy cars or trips to Europe, just that we have more money. I wonder if...
Quote: Originally Posted by luv2homeschool But to say that homeschooled kids have no street smarts is a very general statement. Hey lady- where did I say that? I believe I used the word 'might' in there. And it has nothing to do with being 'out in the real world" pfft. As if a school isn't a microcosm of the real world which you have to navigate on your own, with many different types of people. And as another poster said - it's partly about...