or Connect

Posts by tamaracat

I was wondering if anyone had any book recommendations for expecting mamas. Preferably in e-book format. There's tons of stuff available so was wondering what books any of you have found helpful. I know we can basically find anything on the internet these days, but it would be nice to sit down with a book in bed and read a bit. Thanks in advance!
Monkeyscience, I don't so much have dry skin but really itchy skin! It could be the changing of the seasons, though. 
ADSC,   Yes, woods and wildlife are the best! Our community actually has two wildlife preserves on either side of it that are great for hiking and walking trails, is on the bay so we can walk on the beach or do water sports, and is across the street from a fresh water pond with the biggest bullfrogs you ever met. I'm so excited to be in the outdoors again.   I hope everything goes well for you at your appointment! Glad to hear your symptoms are easing up a bit as well....
Thanks, MrsKatie. We are moving back to my hometown only 9 minutes down the road from my mom in a waterfront community. We are SO excited to get out of the city and into a real home where we can plant some roots. 
I had my NT sonogram and finger prick #1 on Friday at 12 weeks. Other than the fact that my office was out of power and I had to go to their other much farther away office, it went well. I don't like getting my finger pricked, but seeing the baby on the ultrasound made up for it. The tech said we have a very cooperate baby. Heartbeat was at 145 and placenta was healthy.   Then on Monday I had my 12 week appointment with my midwife. It was so nice getting to spend 30 full...
Im so so sorry! Hugs and love coming your way.
 It's this amazing wingback rocker from Pottery Barn (http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/wing-back-chair/?pkey=bslipcovered-upholstered-chairs&) so you can rest your head while you are breastfeeding or cuddling. It also comes in a glider version (http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/slipcovered-wingback-rocker/?pkey=bslipcovered-upholstered-chairs&). It's crazy expensive and I would never buy it for myself, but I'm so glad my dad is gifting it to us. The typical...
I LOVE shopping, so it's good that I'm not finding out the sex of the baby because the amount of gender neutral stuff you can buy is much less than "boy" or "girl" items. I did break down and buy some sleep sacks on Zulily, but other than that's I'm restraining myself! I just pin A LOT for my future registry. My dad did ask what I wanted for the nursery so I picked out a rocking chair that I am IN LOVE with and he is getting it for me. And my MIL said she wanted to get us...
We have just been telling close friends as we see them. Other than our immediate families, three of my closest friends know and three of my husband's friends know. We also just bought a house and are in contract, so when we know the definite closing date on that we are sending out the e-announcement for our pregnancy and new address. I expect we'll know that at the end of this month and I'll be 14 weeks then. Probably a week after that we're going to announce on FB. But to...
Rosie your bump is cuuuuteeee!!!!