or Connect

Posts by staceyshoe

My kids aren't vaxed and dh has shingles. There's a chance that our children can get chicken pox. If your kids had it: -how long was it between exposure and symptoms? -What were the first symptoms to appear? Were there symptoms before the rash appeared? Just want to know what I'm looking for! TIA!
Dh has an awful case of the shingles--right on his head and face. He's miserable. What can we do to make him more comfortable?
Have you visited the EGID Yahoo forum? I was a member there several months back. People there seem to have had varying success with different things--elimination diet, enzymes, etc. Some people's EE doesn't seem to respond to these things but others do. It might be worth checking there.
Quote: Originally Posted by Oubliette8 Foods I like that are at a reasonable price point include- Chicken Soup (dumb name, good ingredients) Canidae Nutrisource Diamond Naturals All of these run about $1/pound Another nice food is EarthBorne Holistics, which is very comparable to Wellness, but priced lower. All that said, I also feed Orijen. It is pricey per bag, but I feed so little of it that it ends up being pretty cheap. OK,...
I'm wondering what resources you use to train/guide your child's spiritual development? Any books, websites, church programs, etc? Right now I'm trying to check out a lot of resources and figure out our approach. Would love to hear what works for you!
Ds is 4.5 years old, PG, and in public school kindergarten. He LOVES school, but I've noticed a change in him. It may be totally unrelated to school, but I'm not sure. First a little background. Last year at this time, ds was a total wreck and had been for about a year. He had lots of anxiety, was WAY overinvested in routines, temper tantrums, developed elaborate systems of rules for himself which restricted his ability to do the things he enjoyed, etc. We gradually...
This is great! I found a bunch of William Bennett's and E.D. Hirsh's books in our public library and requested them. I've also bookmarked your blogs and will be venturing into lurkdom at TWTM forums as soon as I get a chance (hopefully today!). This is EXACTLY what I was needing. If you have more suggestions, keep them coming! Theretohere, I have two sons--18 months and 4.5 years. The 4 y.o. is in public school kindergarten this year and loves it. He's an unusual...
My son could spell his first name (5 letters) just before turning 2. He could spell his last name (10 letters) by age 3. His writing skills are atrocious. He started kindergarten at age 4 and would use half the paper to "write" his name which was virtually illegible. Thankfully, kindergarten has made a big difference--2 months later at 4 1/2, he can spell his name in all capitals within the lines of the large elementary lined paper. Still probably way behind the curve...
I'm thinking about hsing next year and have been reading "A Well Trained Mind". The trivium/classical education approach does appeal to me, but I'm still feeling my way and trying to come up with a plan for next year that fits us. Ideally, I would LOVE to read other books/blogs/websites to see how other people implement a classical approach to homeschooling. Does anyone know of any? Anything else relevant that you'd like to share is much appreciated! Still so much to learn...
I haven't been journalling, but it's a good idea. Here's just a brief background--ds has had some ongoing medical issues that we thought were related to his unusual RAST scores (showing that he creates some level of IgE to virtually all foods). He was on an extremely restricted diet for a few months, eating anywhere from one to a maximum of four foods--not nutritionally balanced at all (no protein source, little fat, and I'm sure woefully deficient in a variety of...