or Connect

Posts by SugarAndSun

Yeah... I can't even zipper my xs coats. I just hate to buy one, but it's getting really cold. I'm 5'10 so all maternity clothes look silly on me. I've just been wearing xl in regular clothes. I am planning to shop for a coat on the way home. We have a maternity store in an outlet center. I might try there. Otherwise I'll just buy and XL from somewhere. I wish I ordered a Patagonia coat online, but I really need one for this weekend. 
Oh no. I'm so sorry for your loss. 
I am pregnant with my third child. I breastfed each of the others for around three years each (even tandem nursed in there). However, I was home full time with them and never had to pump, etc. I will be returning to work very quickly after giving birth (less than two weeks) for two days a week. I really do not want to jeopardize my breastfeeding relationship with my baby. I was just reading The Baby Book and was reading about cups, supplementers, and syringes. I guess the...
Thanks Ratchet!   I do often joke that I am hormonally challenged. It took me a year to get pregnant with my first; the second came quickly, and then it took about five years of trying to get pregnant with this one. It also seems strange that I never went into labor with the second. I had the c/s at 42 weeks and he was almost 11 pounds... so I'm pretty sure the date wasn't worn for anything.    I suppose the c/s is likely the least risky at this point. I think you are...
Bed time... mine were close together so I ended up nursing them down together... pretty exhausting. I'm not sure if you still nurse though.  Also, even if you let your little one know you'll need to be away for a time, there may be emotions when you actually do it. I suggest time with whomever will be with Dylan during the birth and some time with dad. You may need some time to rest/nurse and you don't want all the change to come with the baby. Dad will have his own way...
I think Beckily has a good idea... maybe some practice runs would be good.    My oldest two are only 18 months apart and I was reactant to change anything with my oldest, thinking I could still do everything for two. I really wasn't able to and I think it would have been easier on everyone if I had made some changes way in advance of baby #2. Everyone's experience is different though.
Welcome! I'm having my third, but will need childcare for the first time. I'm overwhelmed and conflicted too!
I'm feeling great, thankfully! It's funny because after I start to feel better like this I start to wonder why I let myself feel so sick and tired in the beginning. I start to convince myself that I didn't have to do that! I've been running and pretty active now, though nowhere near my usual level of activity. I'm really excited for the birth to come now! I am a bit nervous about returning to work two days a week, but I'm confident it will work out somehow.    gizzy......
I was all set to have my reasonably thought out 3rd c/s, which would also allow me to handle a pregnancy after recently having been given a much better position at work.   But...   Now I'm back to wondering if there just might be a chance of a natural vaginal birth for me. I was pretty sad to have missed the opportunity the other two times. I never thought I'd have a c/s with the first and didn't even prepare for the possibility of any problems arising during labor....
I started looking at them too... I think I'm going to go with the organic Bumgenius and some prefolds and wool. I haven't been ready to hand over the $500 yet though.