or Connect

Posts by Bufomander

Glad this thread was resurrected, my almost 10 yo dd and I have been having a fun morning talking about it all and looking at websites.   How much correlation have any of you seen between the age you started menstruating and when your dd started?
October 127. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling 128. The Blackhope Enigma by Teresa Flavin 129.  The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson 130.  The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr
September 110. Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist by Michael J. Fox 111. Magical Mischief by Anna Dale 112. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter 113. The God's Wife by Lynn Voedisch 114. Forgotten by Cat Patrick 115. Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan 116. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling 117. The Mark of Perillius by Antonus Perry 118. The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne 119. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar...
99. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
95.Troubletwisters by Garth Nix and Sean Williams 96.One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde 97. The Memory Bank by Carolyn Coman and Rob Shepperson 98.Destiny Disrupted:  A History of the World through Islamic Eyes by Tamim Ansary
I really liked it -- the author is funny -- as you can see from the title -- and does an excellent job of mixing the entire Pluto controversy with what was happening in his personal life at the time.  I felt like I learned a lot more about the world of astronomy and how it works and have a better handle on what exactly was involved with the Pluto decision.     91. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente 92.Flip by Martyn...
Yes!  I liked The Faith Club, too.       These both sound good, and the ghost story kofduke read as well -- Sadly, I just re-filled my library holds account!    87. The Midnight Tunnel by Angie Frazier 88. Mind in the Making:  The 7 Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky 89. The Death Instinct by Jed Rubenfeld 90. How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming by Mike Brown  
84. The Phone Book by Ammon Shea 85.The Clockwork Three by Matthew J. Kirby 86. A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch
82. Trapped by Michael Northrup 83. Perelandra by C. S. Lewis
FremontMama,   You were asking about The Sherlockian.  (I like Laurie King's stuff, too -- and she actually gets a brief mention in Moore's book!)  It's set at the turn of both the 20th and the 21st century, and it is  based on many historical events, though Moore added much to his novel about Arthur Conan Doyle's missing journal, the reason Conan Doyle resurrected Sherlock Holmes after sending him to his death at the Reichenbach Falls, and the Sherlock Holmes...