or Connect

Posts by *green*faery*

I spent more then I would have liked to today, but I bought some vitamins & supplements for me and my dh. He has been fighting a cold for months & we usually don't take vitamins. I did plan on this, but it still seems like so much money!    no spending  budgeted spending  no driving/stay home  unplanned spending   1-  2- Costco & HFS- groceries, diapers & laundry detergent   3-  4- bought vitamins 5- 6-
Stayed home all day & we ate pretty simple & I baked muffins. I made a double batch so I froze half of them:)   a. Who you are- I'm Erin, I have 3 boys (ages 8y, 5.5y, and 18mo) We homeschool & I work 1 day a week cleaning houses & occasionally babysit.   b. Where you are going (your financial goals)- I want to stay within my strict budget & meet savings goal for this month. We have no savings and would like to save for a deposit on a house & car repair fund. I have...
I started out the New Years good, made food to bring to the beach with us & quickly threw together some food to make veggie chili in the crockpot for dinner. I know coming home from the beach hungry would have been bad & I would have wanted to p/u some burritos or something. Homemade chili is much cheaper (plus I used frozen tomatoes from our garden in it).    Today I went to Costco & the HFS so I have already spent about 25% of our food budget but we have a lot of food...
a. Who you are- I'm Erin, I have 3 boys (ages 8y, 5.5y, and 18mo) We homeschool & I work 1 day a week cleaning houses & occasionally babysit.   b. Where you are going (your financial goals)- I want to stay within my strict budget & meet savings goal for this month. We have no savings and would like to save for a deposit on a house & car repair fund. I have written a pretty tight budget for this year, the only thing that will make it easier (besides planning ahead for...
Ilovemybabybird- sounds like you have a good plan! Even though I am using Mint.com to budget now, I still like to write it down. I'm trying to get a folder organized for my goals & homeschool plan. I really like to write lists, but I end up with all these little lists everywhere & have trouble organizing it together! It's not a very effective system:)
worthy- We also went through Bk & foreclosure, It has been 3.5years since the BK. I had one credit card with no balance (and low limit)that was not affected by the BK, so I use it for gas and pay it off each month & it has really built my credit. My dh did not have a card, we were planning on doing a secured card for him but they all had yearly fees & I just couldn't do it! About 2 years after the BK we were able to get a low limit cc for him with no yearly fee & no...
 no spending  budgeted spending  no driving/stay home  unplanned spending   sell things online $40/$100   Dec 1- Dec 2- groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles  Dec 3- groceries $72, baby wipes $20 Dec 4- sold some stuff online so I had to buy some shipping materials  Dec 5-  $50 budgeted gift, $15 on food out (counts in the budget under groceries, but was not planned and a waste of money!), also paid bills  Dec 6-  $100 on groceries(my DH bought...
Ok, I've just about spent the whole months groceries budget! The end of the month is going to be ugly! I better cook up some rice & beans... On a good note, I did stay at home the past 2 days:)    no spending  budgeted spending  no driving/stay home  unplanned spending   sell things online $40/$100   Dec 1- Dec 2- groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles  Dec 3- groceries $72, baby wipes $20 Dec 4- sold some stuff online so I had to buy some shipping...
Although most my spending this month was 'budgeted' (like groceries & planned gifts) I have spent a lot on food restocking the pantry, so the end of the month is not going to look good! I'll do my best!          no spending  budgeted spending  no driving/stay home  unplanned spending   sell things online $40/$100   Dec 1- Dec 2- groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles  Dec 3- groceries $72, baby wipes $20 Dec 4- sold some stuff online so I had to buy...
 no spending  budgeted spending  no driving/stay home  unplanned spending   sell things online $40/$100   Dec 1- Dec 2- groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles  Dec 3- groceries $72, baby wipes $20 Dec 4- sold some stuff online so I had to buy some shipping materials  Dec 5-  $50 budgeted gift, $15 on food out (counts in the budget under groceries, but was not planned and a waste of money!), also paid bills  Dec 6-  $100 on groceries(my DH bought...