or Connect

Posts by *green*faery*

Look at all those 'no spend' days! You are doing so good!
Oh, I want a homestead too! Unless we move out of this area, it will be a little homestead:) We are renting a great place now, on an acre in the redwoods, but about half the property in the sun. It will be for sale in a couple years, but I don't think the house is the right set up & many things need to be done. Of coarse all we are finding in our price range will likely need a lot done. So hard to know what to do! We always debate moving elsewhere, but I love it...
I joined Mint.com and so far I LOVE it! I think it will help make everything clearer. Good luck everyone! Save that $$!
We've been doing better on grocery spending, but now my pantry & freezer are getting low, so I have a feeling we will be going over our grocery budget this month!      no spending  budgeted spending  no driving/stay home  unplanned spending   sell things online $40/$100   Dec 1- Dec 2- groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles  Dec 3- groceries $72, baby wipes $20 Dec 4- sold some stuff online so I had to buy some shipping materials  Dec 5-  $50 budgeted...
I felt proud of myself today! We were going to go to the Xmas Tree farm and get a tree today but my kids asked why we can't just get one from the yard. We live in a redwood forest and our landlords had cut down some redwoods, so the new little trees are sprouting up from the stumps. We picked one, it's a little skimpy but the kids love it & we save like $60 plus gas! Yay! We also made some salt dough ornaments today and an advent/solstice spiral for our table out of salt...
Ok, I need to do this!    a. Who you are- I'm Erin, I have 3 boys (ages 8y, 5.5y, and 18mo) We homeschool & I work 1 day a week cleaning houses & occasionally babysit.   b. Where you are going (your financial goals)- I want to stay within budget & preferably save a little   c. How you plan to get there- Stay on top of meal planning & food budget Stay at home & no driving 3x a week Only buy the gifts I plan on buying (kids are done, except for a couple stocking...
$64
I had trouble with the envelope system, mostly because my Dh is not always good about keeping receipts & he does a lot of the grocery shopping. I think I will try Mint, I had looked at it before. Thanks for the advice!   I've had trouble in the past trying to get our grocery budget down. It seemed we'd do better one month but then our pantry would be empty & we'd make up for it the next month. We rarely eat out but sometimes p/u take out Mexican food or buy a frozen meal...
We live in a really HCL area, so we are hoping to get the FHA Loan. We only need 3.5% down, so we are trying to save that plus a little extra in the next year. It would be so awesome to have 20% down, but it's hard to find anything under $400K here! Saving 3.5% will be hard enough. We had almost half of it this year but then had some big medical expenses, so now we have no savings but at least the medical bills are paid!   How do you guys track your budget? I just hand...
Does anyone have big financial/frugal goals for next year? We are planning on saving 20% of our current income towards an emergency fund & a deposit to buy a home! I am very nervous & trying to get everything planned out.   I am trying to find ways to make a little money, otherwise it probably won't happen! (I stay home and homeschool my kids) Next week I start working for a friend of mine a few hours a week doing general cleaning/tidying. It will help a lot, but I need...