or Connect

Posts by *green*faery*

Does anyone have big financial/frugal goals for next year? We are planning on saving 20% of our current income towards an emergency fund & a deposit to buy a home! I am very nervous & trying to get everything planned out.   I am trying to find ways to make a little money, otherwise it probably won't happen! (I stay home and homeschool my kids) Next week I start working for a friend of mine a few hours a week doing general cleaning/tidying. It will help a lot, but I need...
Hi! It must be hard going through all this while pregnant! I don't have a lot to say to help, but I really hope your partners get the job!   We live off one income and ,make below average for our household size, but we have no debt, no car payment, rent a small house & budget, so we are doing well. Prior to having our third child I baby sat other kids for money and sometimes cleaned houses. At one point I was watching multiple kids full time and making a good amount. It...
We have been veggie for a long time, but we eat eggs (we have hens) and dairy. My 5yo needs to be on a special diet for a while, the gluten free we have done on and off for a while but now he needs to be dairy free also. We also are not feeding him refined sugar or food dye.   He is rather finicky and I just can't think of many meals he will eat. I'd rather just make the same dinner for all of us, but it needs to be something he will eat. He has been sick and is very...
That's a really good idea, if you were anywhere around me I would drop off some food! I don't know what kind of area you live in but I have had some luck with free food off Freecycle. People with gardens/fruit trees often have more then they can deal with & are usually glad to share with a family in need. I'm sorry you are going through this, you are in my thoughts.
So is it mainly the food you need to figure out how to afford? Will your hotel have a little fridge or anything? Do you have a 'hot plate' thingy you could bring to heat things up on? Traveling can be hard, we often make lots of food to bring but still end up spending too much! I would buy some bread & peanut or almond butter and buy some fruit when you get there. There may be little packs of jam with the breakfast that you can snag to make pb &j for you and whichever...
Meet with the lawyer, mine let me make payments. I think he needed half to get it started and he put an 'automatic stay' on all my bills. About 3m later I paid the rest & was able to finish up the BK. It was a fairly easy process, just make sure that's the best option for your situation. Best of luck!!
Hi, we are also trying to save to buy a house in the next 3-5 years. We live in a high cost of living area with 3 kids (7,4, and 7mo), this is my current budget-     Groceries- We spend about $1000 a month. This includes everything you buy at a grocery store (vitamins, some personal supplies, etc) I cook a lot & my husband brings a lunch to work every day. We eat mainly organic vegetarian & gluten free. This also includes eating out, which we don't really do, but...
Hi, I recently cut wheat out of our diet, but we do eat a little dairy & eggs. So far what I have figured out for dinner is: Bean or tofu soft tacos (if you eat corn?) gf homemade pizza & salad (if you eat vegan cheese?) salad with garbanzo or white beans w/avocado & veggies gf pancakes & eggs (we are having pancakes with shredded coconut tomorrow) bean & squash enchiladas rice pasta, pesto & broccoli lots of soups, right now I love squash/pumpkin...
stop holding myself back.   If I had 2 hours to myself I would...
hurry