or Connect

Posts by *green*faery*

Hi, my dh may be getting a job transfer to Medford next year. We recently visited and are thinking of moving to Ashland or Jacksonville. We have an almost 6yo, a 3yo, and a baby on the way. I'm basically wondering what the weather is like there? I read the 'averages' online but that doesn't always give a clear picture. I really don't like the heat, but I like gardening, so I'll tolerate it. Are the lakes really clean enough to swim in?? Is it hard to meet other families?...
I think white beans and greens would be good. Or maybe garbanzo beans and tomatoes? or maybe lentils?
Hi, I have been a vegetarian for 17y. I do eat some dairy and eggs from our chickens. I have had periods of being vegan and short periods of eating raw.   Do you think you are eating enough? Do you think you are eating enough fats (avocado, nuts)? I know when I didn't eat enough while trying to eat raw I would crave cheese like crazy. I would make sure to increase green consumtion if you aren't eating them daily. Are you completely raw now? Dark leafy greens can be...
Who is your lender? Have you checked their website? Do you have equity?   They should have a section on their website that tells you exactly what they need from you (a letter, monthly budget, value of home etc).Write down what has change finacially and what you plan on saying when you call. They will tell you what they need, and then they will lose that paperwork, then you will send it again, but some law will change and you"ll have to reapply. After several months...
tonight we had veggie chili (made in the crock pot this morning) with homemade cornbread thur- leftovers fri- fish with brown rice and veggies sat- (left over) fish tacos & salad sun- sweet potatoes with tofu, veggies, and mushroom gravy
oh, I want to join in! We budget based on dh paydays, so I will start tomorrow! Our 'month' is Dec 9-Jan 6. I've always wanted to join this thread! no spend day unnecessary spending   budget spending day   goals- 3/18 no spend days $190/$700 groceries $87/$200 gas $230/$1000 savings (what I make from babysitting & cleaning houses)   We...
tonight we had bean and cheese buritos on homemade tortillas and brussle sprouts sauteed with mushrooms & garlic   I'm about to make some mushroom barley soup & throw it in the crockpot for tomorrow, hopefully we"ll have it with a big salad! yum
oh, I want to join in! We budget based on dh paydays, so I will start tomorrow! Our 'month' is Dec 9-Jan 6. I've always wanted to join this thread! no spend day unnecessary spending   budget spending day   goals- 2/18 no spend days $150/$700 groceries $55/$200 gas $0 savings    9- 10 11  paid bills, got gas & lots...
oh, I want to join in! We budget based on dh paydays, so I will start tomorrow! Our 'month' is Dec 9-Jan 6. I've always wanted to join this thread! no spend day unnecessary spending budget spending day     9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 6 4 5 6
  Some great ideas!! I started making my kids pj's. During the summer I found some soft flannel sheets for under a dollar that I am using to make their jammies out of. I also had 2 pairs of adult flannel pj pants that had torn, but I was able to reuse them and make pj pants for my kids. I also made some pj tops that are sort of patchwork and have a few different flannel prints on it so they can match multiple pairs of pj pants.   I have several cotton tops I am...