or Connect

Posts by *green*faery*

We've had outbreaks in our area too! Last time I went to a thrift store all I could think about was bedbugs and had to leave!!! I do buy used clothes from a kids store, my laundry room is outside so I can wash everything and dry it with high heat before bringing it in... such a bummer!
Hi, I didn't read all the replies & my thoughts on this may be unpopular. I would seriously look into BK. I would write up a budget and plan for how long it will take to get you out of the hole, etc. and talk to a lawyer. I highly recommend bkforum.com . We recently went through a BK, I currently watch 2-3 kids out of my home 5 days a week (I have 2 kids, my van seats 4), on Saturday nights I babysit so parents can have 'nights out', I also have one housecleaning job on...
We spend $600-$700 a month on food. It always seems so much higher then anyone on here! We eat mainly organic vegetarian, but have scaled back on organic to save $ (yes, we use to spend almost $1000/mo). We are in the Cal Bay Area, high cost of living, but still! This includes all food and toiletries from the market, and all food for 2 adults, 2 kids, and some small snacks and meals for kids I babysit. We don't eat out, my dh brings lunch everyday We buy in bulk, cook...
I would take them off. You dishes are colorful, but simple looking & I think it would look great
Does anyone do the envelope budgeting system? We Are going to give it a try, but everytime I think I have it planned out I think of another catagory and have to adjust everything to make it fit. Like I forgot about firewood, we usually buy 2-3 cords a year & it really adds up (about $300/cord), so obviouly we need to be saving for that. Then I forgot to budget for medical co-pays, etc.... So what catagories do you use? Does each thing have it's own envelope or are some...
check out BKforum.com, also you can usually get a consult with a lawyer for free. If your debt is already going to court your credit is messed up for a long time anyway. Be realistic, find a way to live within your means either way. I babysit part time and even a small amount of cash helps a lot! Make sure you have a clear picture of your budget. Many blessings-
This kind of situation can be really easy to judge without knowing all the details. I, personally, am in a tight situation. I have not shared it with anyone else except my mom, not even my BF knows because I don;t think she would understand. We are living within a strict budget. Despite taking on small jobs from home (baby sitting and ebay selling), we are not able to pay our debt, not able to make the min. payment (they all went up), etc. I could always go back to my...
Hi, I've scored some great deals at garage sale and even thrift stores. I recently got a brand new Cost Plus frame for $1 at a garage sale. It can take some time and is hit or miss. Also, I;ve seen some really neat frames made from old wood windows, but I've never tried it myself
We eat almost all organic & vegetarian. We use to spend over $1000 a month on food, I had gotten it down to about $900, but this last month was the first time we got it to $530!!!! My goal at the moment is $500. For us this is a huge, huge accomplishment, I realize to many people that is a lot of $$, but for us we have cut our bill in half! This includes everything we buy at the grocery store (food, vitamins, plastic bags, coffee) and all eating out, which at this...
I'm excited to join in and I'm hoping to actually save for the first time ever in 2010!! a. I’m Erin. SAHM to two little boys ages 4 and 19mo and wife to a hard working dh b. This year we will finally be out of CC debt and for the first time ever start to save! We want to have a no-spend year (basically) and stay on a tight budget. I am hoping to save enough to start a much needed remodel on our bathroom (we have 2 half baths!!) in 2011!!! c. We have set a...