or Connect

Posts by Willothewisp

Hi - Just a couple of ideas; no clue if they will help or not... Do you have a close friend of relative that could come by for a couple of days in a row and help you to put your dd down for naps (morning and afternoon)? I don't know if it will make a difference if someone else tries to put her down for her nap; but at the very least it's someone to tag team for support. At night...i don't know. the only thing that comes to mind is that any changes you make, to try...
Hi TOmom; I'm a Vancouver mom who has an almost 8 month old ds. I just wanted to let you know what we went through with him when he was 2 - 2.5 months old... Basically he had no routine; we were feeding him to sleep (combo of breast and bottle feeding); and he would fall asleep anywhere from 20 mins to an hour. also, once he was asleep, we were putting him down in a bassinet in our living room (so he was in a bright room, where quiet activity was happening). My...
Hi there our ds is 7 months and a few days too!! yay! where he's at...he cut his two bottom teeth just before 6 months of age (w/i a few days of each other)...and we're waiting for the top two to come. he's been drooling like crazy and we can see two swollen bumps up there. we had a few bad nights two weeks ago (right after christmas) and thought the top two would break through soon after..but...nothing yet! we started solids with him at 5 months. at first he...
Grace - just wanted to say i'm thinking of you and hope things improve soon...keep on doing what your gut is telling you to do (i.e.not Cio)and hopefully getting time to yourself here and there will help to keep you sane through this tough time...
Hi - for me it was 6 months pp. i had stopped pumping milk at 5 months pp. so it's hard to say, if i had continued pumping, would it have postponed it? don't know. i kept hearing from other mothers that the first period is a whopper..but for me it was just like a normal period...i bit of lower back discomfort; but not any more painful.
Hi - i have a seven month old ds. at night after bed routine of bath, quiet time on our bed looking at magic lamp, books etc. we put him in his crib awake, and he flips around trying to crawl, is really keyed up etc. we let him play, but what i want to say is that, there is no peacefully falling to sleep for him...so what works for us is we go in and sit by the crib and put him on his back, tuck him in and then i sing softly with my hand on his chest. At first, he...
Hi everyone! Early risers here as well...lately ds gets up anywhere between 3:45am and 5 am...we feed then i put him back down, and luckily for us, he eventually goes back to sleep to anwhere between 7 and 8am. We finally took his fisher price 'ocean adventures' thingy out of his crib...b/c he would kind of wake up during the night, and if he was anywhere near it, he would start spinning the crazy wheel on it!! (while still half asleep)... now when he slightly wakes,...
Thanks for your welcomes!! ex-stasis - hello fellow canadian! i've never been further east than winnipeg...hope some day to see our capital - Canada is sucha huge diverse country huh? Patsgrace - yay west coast! i've seen parts of Washington and Oregon; hope to some day bring my dh and ds across the border for a little road trip (husband never set foot in the US - and he's 34?!?!? i've always found that weird, and tease him about it from time to time) la mamita -...
Hello - can i join in? i've been lurking for awhile; it's time i said hello! this discussion board has been a real boon for me... i enjoy it so much. Mothering rocks. anyway -- a little about me and my ds: ds was born on June 10th, so he just passed his 7 month "birthday"! he's a real jolly fellow...over 20 lbs too, so my back is a little sore...to say the least. He's my first baby; we live in Vancouver, up here in Canada. and we're trying to break a record on...
Hello all! Quick question for all you newly pregnant ladies out there: I'm wondering if it's too early for me to send a "congratulations on your pregnancy!" card to my cousin. She's about 6-8 weeks along, and has told her immediate family and my mother (her aunt). I of course have heard about her news through my mom. My cousin and i are friends but we don't speak on a regular basis. What do you think? I've already bought a really neat card, but i'm waiting...