or Connect

Posts by tiffanyblitz

Quote: Originally Posted by crysmomofthree but the bummer is baby turned definately posterior and maybe breech. I declined an ultrasound to confirm because I just don't want to go there yet. I am not interested in a c section so it really doesn't matter. Oooh, I'm right there with you! Water broke only 4 hours ago now, but nothing serious in the wayof contrax going on - and I'm pretty sure the stubborn one is still breech and probably...
Webster is certainly worth trying, although it didn't work for me... I also had an acupuncturist do moxibustion. It's true that a recently-turned baby is one who (a) can get into the proper position (not hung up on the cord or anything, and (b) still has room to do so. My mw's backup ob was VERY laid back at the consult I had with him - seemed quite confident that my stubborn little one would probably wait until labor, but would turn then with no problem. We'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by Debstmomy This is going to sound bad, as my two are older,but yes it is getting harder with that too. While homework is always a battle, lately I do not feel like fighting it. DS is having a hard time reading & that makes homework so stressfull. ... So while mine aren't little it is getting harder to parent them these days. Me too, me too!! Ds is 10 (almost 11), so I don't have to pick him up, or chase him...
Quote: Originally Posted by mlis Its funny though, now that I'm 38 weeks, everyone asks how dilated I am... 1)none of your business 2) I have no idea! They seem to think its weird that I don't even care since it doesn't mean anything but someone's hand was uncomfortably inside me! Isn't that funny? I've spent all this time with people thinking I'm weird because I don't know baby's gender, and now I'm REALLY weird because I don't know exactly...
Quote: Originally Posted by WitherB The only time I could see needing to know how far you are dilated would be before pushing. And even then, doesn't a woman know when she's ready to push? Yes and no, is my understanding... You get the urge to push, definately, but there may still be a "lip" of cervix, or some other reason it'd be better to try and breathe through a few. My mw has clandestinely agreed to let me birth this baby at her...
I'm "due" on Monday (3 days), and not doing - or planning to do - anything more aggressive than walking and making love to dh (both of which I'm doing anyway)... My first was born exactly on his due date, so I'm hoping not to go too late with this one... I'm measuring 46+, and I'm HUGE and totally uncomfortable. but I do believe that the baby will come when the time is right, and anything I COULD do (assuming it would work) would cheat him/her out of development time...
I ran across this on a homeschooling forum, and thought y'all were the perfect audience to appreciate it! --------------- http://www.naturalmotheringutah.org/gfq.htm ~edited by mod for copyright violation, link goes to quiz ~
Slightly crunchy - Yes, I talk to her about it a lot - so does her Daddy, which she generally seems to respond to more... well, she MOVES more, but not necessarily to where we'd like! Quote: Originally Posted by slightly crunchy The reason it may actually be "illegal" for your midwife to attend a breech at home, is that in states where midwives are licensed, there are sometimes certain things written into the laws about what they can and cannot...
I agree that the magnesium supp sounds like a great place to start! And I agree that even the "natural" methods of encouraging labor are interventive -- but again, given the choice of that or an IV full of pitocin... You can try nipple stim, intercourse, and walking, as well as castor oil (in O.J. seems a popular method), EPO (orally, or topically in the vagina/cervix), an enema... Good luck!! - Tiffany (I guess I need to put together a cute sig, eh??)
Thanks so much for sharing! Congratulations!!!