or Connect

Posts by feminist~mama

BOBs are crazy popular here.  Almost to the point of "Oh, you had a baby?  Where's your BOB?"  Lol.  I didn't get one because I hate to be all trendy- but EVERYONE I know who has one raves about it!   I just bought a Phil & Teds- because we'll have a 2-year-old and the newborn.  I figured that having a way to transport them both at once was good- and I couldn't deal with how wide a BOB dualie is!    If it's cheaper than you've seen on CL and it's in good condition, I'd...
I'm finally feeling definite movement!  Yay!  Down super low for the most part too- I've been wondering where my placenta is as well.  We've decided against any further scans, so we'll likely never know though!   I bought a Phil & Teds w/ a doubles kit!  :)  I love it so far, except the sunshade pops off when it's folded.  Oh well.  But I'm excited about it!  I even went for a walk yesterday!!  We have a giant, Mt. Everest-like hill leading away from our house, and...
I assumed it was a thread debating swaddling- and found that I read it as largely in defense of swaddling!  Good reading on a slow night at work, and lovely to know that there are so many thinking mamas (and other caregivers) hanging around MDC...  :)
Yay!!!  
May 19th- surprise!  :)
We had sort of settled on Fern for a girl and Magnus for a boy.  I'm not sold on Magnus, DP loved it last time too- but we ended up with a girl, so I didn't have to make a decision!  He was a huge veto-er of other boy names, I couldn't come up with anything that he liked...   I am now loving Amelia though- and it goes well with our other two girls names- they both end in "a"...  Hmm- :)
I love the photo LinnieThree!  :)   I'm 19 weeks today, starting to feel more movement, really impatient to have LOTS more though!  Lol!    I think DP gave me a cold- ugh.  Hopefully we'll both be over it soon- like by tomorrow!   Happy Christmas everyone!!!
I wrote out LOONNNGGGG birth stories for the first part of both my births, lol.  Then I lost steam and wasn't as into it by the time I got back to it...  Anyway, I seem to have easy pregnancies and AWFUL deliveries.  I've had two sections, both for failure to progress.  The first one I felt railroaded and bullied, the second one I felt so empowered and in charge- and I had the exact same result.  Honestly, my labors were almost identical.  Sigh.  After my second section...
  Name: Jennifer   Weeks/Days along: 16w5d   Appointments: Today!   Symptoms: Almost none- just nipple pain with nursing and a HUGE drop in my milk supply- my poor baby!   Exercise: I got out the preggo dvds- so I am almost exercising, right?   Body changes and other milestones:  See symptoms!   Thoughts: I got to hear the heartbeat today, which was awesome.  I'm an L&D nurse and have seen a bunch of 2nd trimester...
My dd is 18 1/2 months.  I was pumping at work until just a couple of days ago when I called it quits.  I went from 18 oz or so down to about 10 when I got pregnant.  Then I hit second trimester and was only getting an ounce or two total in 3 ten-minute pumping sessions.  Pain in the butt at work to pump anyway, plus it was a bit uncomfortable...so....   She's nursing like a newborn at home though- she's totally increased the amount she's nursing!  She switches sides...