or Connect

Posts by midstreammama

ilovetchochkes I swear kids are so good at picking up on the unspoken things.If you are stressed, they will be.  My kids just don't know how to leave my belly alone. They are constantly touching it which makes me kind of stressed.   Sol Kudos to you for being almost finished! I am..not. lol. I am just trying not to get too worried about it. IT will all fall into place.   ithappened I am so stoked for you that the babies are measuring so big. I know you feel big...
I'm sorry..that is just so rude of her. I do believe that you handeled it very well. We also don't share the names we are thinking of for baby. That doesn't stop my grandmother from calling at least every other day(sometimes twice a day!) with ideas and names she's heard on tv and such. The voicemails are hilarious..they go on for many minutes with her saying why we should use this name..When we are together She will ask if I got the message and what I thought of the...
funny mental pic, but I swear I felt like that when I called the first ob. She said no and I was kind of astonished and then I asked her where I could go..she said I don't really know..wtf.   After a while it just felt like people were trying to force these practicies into taking me and that didnt feel right either..I felt like I was setting myself up for failure becasue I was already going to be going in there with two strikes against me. kwim? So, I took it as a sign...
Eleuthia- I don't think I'd ever met anyone in a similar situation as mine. I can completely commiserate with you.When I was 9 weeks I made an appointment with the birth center. Went to the first appt, told I needed to transfer to one of their ob practices because of my medical history within the past year or so.Well, my very first birth was a very traumatic birth for me, in a hospital. So it took me 10 weeks or so to get up the courage and guts to make the call with out...
Lily- I have the same problem..my mood has gone seriously downhill. I especially have an aversion to cats while pg. Not really sure why..but, oh my poor cat! Hopefully we will all feel better very soon. Keuriweo- ahh, the rabbit hole. My dh always remarks that it takes me three times as long when I go into a store and he thinks I am slow..uh, it's because every single thing I pick up I ask myself a million questions about it..heck, I might even googleit in the store, read...
I used something like this for the diapers and lined it with a large wet bag. http://www.Sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=478&view=0&picture=1&tab=Specifications&ProductCategory=209§ion=3 I liked that the lid was snug enough that it kept the smell out. Although, I cant say I ever had a huge problem with smell. I washed every other day. I think I might have used some tea tree oil or lavender when I washed dispers so it got on the wet bag and helped but I never did...
Anyone else's babe shy? So many times baby will be rolling around and I try to let the kids feel it and then as soon as they gently place their hand, it stops..until they take their hand away and then voila! Happens again..I cant help but crack up at the mental image of a sneaky little one in there!
Nine tales, I feel you. Without going into great detail..I feel 100% better this pregnancy then any of my others. I had the blood clot issue which has given me the scarlet letter of being high risk..so no midwife or birth center..of the two hospitals I could go too, one I refuse because I'm pretty sure they caused PTSD with my first birth which is still obviously obviously which is why I waited so long to try and transfer care..and the second...it seems im just going to...
We had a Nissan versa hatchback that we bought brand new. We traded it in for a hundai Vera Cruz. I love this car. Drives awesomely...dh test drove this and a Honda pilot and said this definitely drove better. The pilot drove like a truck. This is so smooth. The more important part? The kids love it too. The only down side is that when the third row seats are up..there is barely any trunk spance..maybe enough for the stroller. But the back seats split so I decided that I...
Ninetales, yes, I know exactly what you mean. That's kinda how I was feeling but couldn't put words to it.