or Connect

Posts by snugglebug14

spinning babies has lots of great info on encouraging "optimal fetal positioning". Also, being in water can support baby's position to move into a good position to birth. In all honesty, forceps deliveries aren't all that common. As a doula I've seen an occasional vacuum assisted delivery, but never forceps so I personally wouldn't be too concerned about the ob not delivering with forceps. Also, being able to move in labor and to deliver in positions other than flat on...
Was your previous baby breech? (And if so, do you have any structural differences in your uterus that would make a repeat breech more likely?) My input would be to stick with the midwives and look into the optimal fetal positioning stuff on spinning babies. Also, remember that there are lots of ways to help a breech baby turn before labor (positioning, homeopathy, acupuncture, moxabustion, etc) I agree that water makes a HUGE difference and personally, I wouldn't want to...
Thanks Basje, I was an apprentice home birth midwife for a few years before needing to take time off due to family stuff. So most of the standard prenatal care stuff I'm already doing on my own anyways. And when I have questions, the midwife I worked with, who also attended my last birth, is my neighbor and a very good friend. And I agree - if I'm transferring in labor, it's honestly going to be because of a major emergency so I'll be going to the closest hospital and will...
We're planning a UP/UC (with back up and support from three very dear midwife/doula/birthy friends) I am a VBAC (First was a c/s for "fetal distress" - but I don't actually know how much I believe any of what I was told, second two were both HBAC's) in the past I've had CPM midwives for the births and have seen a hospital CNM practice as "back up" a couple of times during pregnancy. Around here that's pretty standard as a back up plan and to get lab work ordered when you...
Hey ladies...so i've had this book brewing in me for a long time and i'm finally feeling the push to actually write it. The book will be geared towards UCer's but I want it to also feel accessible to moms planning a more "conventional" birth whether that's at home or in the hospital. I am hoping to support the cultivation of a new paradigm for looking at many of the questions, challenges, concerns, etc that arise during pregnancy and birth and how we can move through them...
Sort-of. I have a midwifery background and most of my closest friends are doulas or midwives. So I'm doing all of my own prenatal care and my support people at my birth will be 2-3 midwife/doula friends. So they will be there in "friend" capacity but if shit hits the fan they have the know-how, skills and resources to handle whatever may arise. So...quasi UC (well, technically UBAC)
That was the exact age spread between my older boys and my younger daughter and I can tell you, their bond is absolutely the sweetest and most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Sure, their bond is different than the boys bond with each other. But oh my mama! the love between the older ones and my daughter, it's just breathtaking! They're really able to understand and appreciate so much more than they could with each other. Best of luck mama! and enjoy it :)
This early is pregnancy it is highly likely that it will move away from your cervix as your uterus continues to stretch and grow. Spend time in meditation, connecting with your body, your baby and your placenta. Visualize it gently moving up and away from your cervix as your womb continues to grow. There's no guarantee it will move, so it will definitely need to be rechecked, but there is a very good chance that it will move out of the way before labor. If not,...
The problem with things like peppermint is that they contain a lot of essential oils. In moderation they are totally fine, but like anything can cause problems in excess.  I also agree that homegrown herbs are fine. Of course, if they were grown/harvested by someone who may have mis-identified the herbs it could potentially be a problem. But that's not likely to be the norm. I also agree that it makes sense in light of recent reports to be wary of some of the larger name...
First was a c-section, second two were homebirths. This time I'm planning a quasi-UC lol i am a midwifery assistant and two of my very close friends are midwives so they will be there, technically as friends, but friends who happen to have some very handy knowledge, skills and tools!