or Connect

Posts by LessTraveledBy

Lazurii.... honestly.... When you bring up an idea potentially as damaging to a child as this, you will need to be open to rather strong comments. I think people have actually been pretty gentle with you. The Primal wound suggestion is a very good one. You need a whole lot more help here than what any of us can give you.   I don't see how it is right to take the hurt of a person (the couple in question) and move that hurt, and possibly tons more, to another person...
I really think that you should spend some time reading literature about adoption from the "other side".... It is often not a piece of cake for the child and this situation, in my opinion, could be really harmful to the mental health of the child. "What was wrong with me that my parents, though they kept my siblings, found it possible to give me away?" What may now seem like a selfless act could end up, I dare say, would end up hurting the child for life. There is a huge...
I dunno.... I mean I would not expect my midwife to be "on call" for me until after I reach whatever the amount of weeks is that we have agreed is enough for her to be comfortable attending my birth. What if she were at another birth, etc. (I would not want my midwife to be on the phone with others while I am giving birth...) I am only 33 weeks now, so "on call" for my midwife won't start for another 3 weeks or so, maybe even later. Maybe it is time to confirm what your...
I need to reach 36 weeks in order to give birth in the natural birthing unit.
Almi, all I can say is that I hope you are right. The problem is what happens if the doctor feels worried about the situation. It would not be the first time that someone got reported, good reason or not. Oops UCs do take place, but they also obviously happen when the person feels the need to hide. Unfortunately here, it would be up to the doctor to decide which he thought had taken place.
Please remember that the baby may start to have symptoms even weeks later, even if there were none in the beginning.   However, I realize that that is not your question here. I feel for you, as I would like to have a home birth but cannot, dues to finances. In your situation, though, I would try to find a third option (midwives in a hospital, birthing center, maybe). I would fear that the chances of a doctor calling social services would be way too high if you showed...
I am not in the US and I think our system sucks just a bit less. I really think we would have got the call, had we not been caring for another baby... She was with us from 6 to 8 months, then back with the parents for 4,5 months, and now has been with the other foster family for about 2 weeks. Yes, she is now 13 months old. No chance of us getting her, unfortunately, and I cannot really claim to know that it would be in her best interest, anyway, to move once again. The...
I think some foster moms here must have experience with this sort of thing. I would be interested in both research and "just" opinions.   We are a short term foster family and had a baby here when she was 6-8 months old, so for two months. While with us, she was held and carried in a wrap all the time, slept in the same room with me, etc. However, she also kept on having visit with birth family and went through some rather traumatic things during this time period....
    I trust that you have looked into this really carefully... However, I live in a country where Subutex (not methadone) is the treatment of choice for pregnant ladies who have been taking drugs. Unfortunately, I cannot agree on the idea that most babies of moms who used Subutex will not have bad symptoms of withdrawal. It really seems to depend on the mom, her dose, the baby, who knows what else... Some will have no symptoms even though mom used lots and regularly. Some...
  :) I trust your judgement about your babies, as you have 4 already. However, for the benefit of those having their first I will say that it is not impossible to have a newborn who sleeps more than you would like (as it is so wonderful to stare in their eyes), sleeps quite well at night, waits happily and stares at you while you shower, etc. I felt wonderful right after our dd's birth, so everything hurting does not necessarily happen, either. Babies are always a lot of...