or Connect

Posts by LessTraveledBy

So, so sorry, lilmom!!!!   Thank you for your nice comment to me, in the middle of all your sorrow.
I have to agree with everything that SundayCrepes said. BUT, maybe that is the answer right there. Maybe you have already come to a place where you are ready to move on, as it does seem you do not want to pursue things any further. (Sorry if it sounds harsh to claim you are not trying, or whatever, but it does seem like you need something different and more in order to succeed.) That seems like an answer in a way, does it now? Maybe you still want some months in order to...
Just wanted to say that I read it all and cried with you and for you. As someone very familiar with Finland, I wanted to scream... lawyers are an American phenomenon used like that. I wish you had gone in the shelter. The whole thing with the American embassy was very sad and disgusting.    I wish you lots of strength and many better years ahead!
  I would recommend the immunology support yahoogroup, if you are not familiar. Those are absolutely done in the first trimester, and some think they have to be started right away or it is already too late.   So sorry to read of everything you have been through. We never quite made the decision, as there was no way for us to adopt. (We are abroad.) After years of secondary infertility, we decided to become a short term foster family for babies. I found out I was...
In all honesty, I am feeling so much better now that I just need the huge amount of snow to disappear, so I can walk more easily and even ride the bike to go swimming, I guess I do have hope that I don't have to gain at the same rate, at least not just tons of fat. We will have snow for at least another month, though... Also, I need to stick to eating low carb, as that is the only thing that works for me. I am so envious of those who don't have to think of it so much. I...
Thanks for thinking about me, lilmom. Here I am, with not much to report. (I am very excited for you, thinking of when you tell your son. Our dd was so happy she cried.) I am 21 weeks now and feeling quite well.   The only problem is that I am becoming rather obese. Knowing that I managed to gain 20 lbs last time while nursing tons is making this harder than it would be otherwise. I am rather upset about how much I have to watch my eating (always had, since...
BWG, that place sounds amazing! I can pretty much assure you, though, that you must live in a special area...
Why not try here first? I would love to know what you have!
So sorry to hear this!   I also struggle with my weight gain as I know losing any is very hard for me. (I managed to gain 20 lbs while nursing.)   If these emotions seems to be related to the more emotional state during pregnancy or something else you can pin point, that is one thing. If not, I would make sure to have your thyroid checked. You just basically described me when my thyroid is low...
Congratulations, in case this does happen. It must be a long weekend for you, assuming the plan is that you will know for sure on Monday.   We foster short term, only. When we started, I expected the babies to be much more difficult than our own child had been. Now that I have fostered (only once) and seen lots of babies in the support group, I have been surprised to feel that most of the babies have actually seemed easier than most of the babies of e.g. my friends....