or Connect

Posts by Wugmama

Can you recommned one?  A friend who lives in Charlotte is having problems, and has never been to a chiro before.  I thought someone here would know of a good one to recommend.   Thanks! Tracy
kids are 10, 6 and 4.  Always unschooled except for preschool for oldest.  Oldest does nothing, absolutely nothing.  I've been indoctrinated to believe that curriculum=bad and, from the GD forum, kids are naturally social creatures who want to do the right thing, or something crazy like that.   All I do is clean, cook, ask kids to pick up all the messes they have made, clean up all the messes all the kids have made, make more food since the kids won't eat what I made...
Hello,   Though I've wanted to, haven't really done much feeding of the freezer.  Now we are going to stay in a resort with a full kitchen.  We have major food allergies to deal with, so will be cooking all our meals.  It is a water park place, so ideally I want to start dinner in the morning and have it ready for dinner.  I make meatballs at home that are ground beef, an egg sub, rice flour and some seasoning, and cook in the oven with a sauce made from brown sugar,...
i also just remember something a school-at-home mom told me.  She is really into math and different ways to learn it and even attended some local math conference.  She told me something like the following:   When someone says they don't know algebra it is really that they don't know multiplication/division.  And when they say they don't know multiplication/division it is really that they don't know addition/subtraction.   I am not sure if I am remembering that...
I haven't read this entire thread, but wanted to offer a perspective based on my experiences.   My oldest is only turning 10, and always unschooled.   So I know that doesn't compare to a 19 year old.  We have never done any formal math, she had a fraction manipulative she rarely played with, I bought a fraction pizza game about 4 years ago, I think we've played it once.  We do a fair amount of baking as we have food allergies.  She just had standardized testing done...
WE made these and they turned out great, but were a royal PITA to roll out - totally stuck to everything.  I ended up rolling out directly on the parchment paper then cutting out and scraping off the dough in between the cookie cutters.  But they held up!  I've been advised my problem may have been because I subbed brown rice for sorghum.   I plan on trying this vegan icing and subbing brown rice flour for the corn...
MAGIC MEATBALLS : Out of desperation I created a new recipe for dinner tonight. These are finger food Preheat oven to 350.   1/2 can of pumpkin (or any pureed veggie) Heaping TBLS sucanat (brown sugar) 1 tsp oregano 1/2 tsp salt sprinkle of cloves 1/4 tsp onion powder flax egg (3 TBLS hot water, 1 TBLS ground flax seeds) combine   Add 1 lbs ground beef About 1 cup of cooked rice.   Make into medium sized meatballs Rolled them in brown...
Bump!   Does anyone have anything they can add?  I need some new ideas  :)   ~Tracy
Thought I'd bump this.  Tonight was the 3rd year in a row my sister has done this.  Alethea is aparently too young to remember last year (she just turned four) and she said she didn't want to go Trick or Treating.  When she did agree to go, she didn't want to carry a bag because as she puts it, "I can't have any candy!".  My mom and sister took my kids around and when they came back she was just so excited by all her Lefa loot!  There were different little prizes and my...
Housewife, there is another thread somewhere here from koalamom, I think, about her child's cavities healing.  Or maybe it was someone else.  She was doing pascalite clay, xylitol wipes and cell salts.  My dd, age 3.75, had dark brown spots in her two back molars (supposed to get 2 baby root canals and two crowns) and I had xylitol and clay on the way, but got the cell salts first.  After just 2 weeks, the teeth look visibly better, they look light gray, not brown.  At...