or Connect

Posts by MCR

I think we all get one challenge, maybe two. Ds#1 was my high needs baby and sensory problems made it all worse. Ds#2 was like a text book baby, he did it all the way the books said, Dh thought there was something wrong with him, he was happy, self soothed from birth, easy easy baby. Dd is my second challenge, but was sweet and smilie and easy till she hit 2 1/2 Then she changed into a stubborn, independent, Houdini little one that challenged me at every turn and did what...
Nature valley granola bars. and I love them. Sleep well put a peg on your nose
If you have a Burlington coat factory near you go and look they have loads of cute fancy dresses for Easter and to me they look little bridesmaids dresses, some have matching doll dresses included
Foster parents are not allowed to spank, we had to sign a form promising no physical punishments would be used every time a child was placed. (Dh used to call it the no spank guarantee) She sounds really overwhelmed, doing daycare and foster care is frowned on in many areas for just this reason, she isn't coping well with kids who don't go home at the end of the day. If she's doing this long term I'd quit and find somewhere else, if you are a mandated reporter you need...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bea Oh man. I live in the USA. I've drawn bloody maps before now to explain the concept. I've thought about printing a handout about being Scottish but also British and also European. It's exhausting some days. "So is the Queen of England your President?" Where do you even start with that one? LOL I've never been asked that about the Queen (yet) I did fall for the "I'm Irish" when I first got here, I...
I have two that are mine (were gifts) and I use them if they are clean, but if I'm making a drink for Dh and all thats left is one of mine I give him that.
When I was in college I lived in the girls residents hall, my period started in the middle of one night so i got up and went down the hall, fainted in the bathroom (I was a big fainter) woke up cleaned up and went back to bed. Next day I see a trail, across my floor, and rug, down the hall to the bathroom, I wiped as much up as I could, and rushed off to class (and to see the nurse as when I fainted I landed on the hot pipe along the floor and burned my arm) When I got...
Dh and I don't drink either, no particular reason, don't really care for it and prefer soda, tea, coffee, juice. We had family on both sides who drank way too much, that probably did influence our choice too. No one has ever said anything, when they say what would you like to drink I usually ask if they have any soda, they usually do.
For me it took years of making myself look after myself and the kids and walking away from doing for him and asking him to do things for me. It was really hard I went back and forth and would go back to being the mom a lot, and over the years I just kept trying. Bear in mind we have been married 25 years this year. Only in the last 6 mths have I stopped feeling responsible for him getting depressed and letting him get on with it. Now I think I may have gone the other way,...
I hate the fundraisers and refuse to send my kids around the neighbors to sell. They sometimes say not to knock on doors, that leaves just me, (no relatives in miles) to buy, friends have kids doing the same sales. So I gave up, I write a $10 check to the PTA in lieu of the fundraiser, they can't complain they get more than if I had ordered one crappy item i didn't want or need. My kid should still participate in the pizza party if there is one, he raised $10 for the...