or Connect

Posts by MCR

Thats weird is he related to the boss
I would. We have three cousins right now that have a variation of the same name, ages 16, 12 and 5. One is Alexander (who is called Alex) One is named Alex, not shortened and one is called Alec. Doesn't bother me in the least. They all have different surnames.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lilyoftheincas13 Perfectly understandable. True I'd only be there for her on my terms, she hurt you badly, her loosing her house isn't something you did too her, it's their problem. If you don't want to be supportive don't. And don't feel bad about it, you've been through a lot, take care of yourself first.
I don't ever remember being on my own timetable. I've been a parent for 21 years and the youngest is just 5. If I have no one to shuttle, or take about with me, I think I'd be lost On the rare occasion I'm alone, I find I get to appointments too early and get the groceries done in record time. Surrender to motherhood, it's really tough to do, but once you do it makes life so much less stressful.
Mine look Blue, but the middles are brown, they seem to get more brown as I get older, sometimes they look more green, depends what I'm wearing. But ask the family they say they look blue. SIL questioned my poor Ds#2 paternity when we had a brown eyed baby, seeing Dh has blue and mine look blue too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Penelope Have either of you, or your SIL, read Gavin De Becker's "The Gift of Fear"? I loaned my copy to a student with stalker ex-boyfriend issues, and it's been a while since I read it, but it's very good. I'd find a copy ASAP. IIRC, he does not recommend having family intervene, but describes strategies for the person being stalked to cut off contact. I was just going to suggest this too. You, your Dh and...
Rewarding for remembering is just weird in my opinion and hurtful to those who still have a problem not remembering. When I started school at age 4, the teacher had this off the wall rule that everyone had to carry a handkerchief. Now fair enough if it's winter and runny noses are surrounding her, but this was year round. We had a huge chart on the wall, with bunnies on, each bunny had the name of a child, if you forgot your hanky, your bunny lost it's tail for the day....
My older Ds had no interest what so ever in reading before he started in K, and even then it was hit and miss. Ds #2 ad Dd however were both desperate to learn at 4. So I let them, I provided Hooked on phonics and then early reader books and they took off like a house on fire. Both hated to draw, color and write, but wanted to read. Ds#1 on the other hand loved to draw and color from age 2 and could write his name before age 3, but reading apart from letter recognition...
So inappropriate, I'm so glad you are going to cut off contact.
I think three tardies generating a warning is pretty severe. It takes more than that at our school. I'd start waking her in time to get to school on time, get her into the regular schedule of getting out the door on time, it's a life skill you and she will both appreciate one day. Life would be great if we could all wake naturally each day, for me I'd sleep till about 8 am, but for the last 17 years of continually having kids at school (one left to start k this year )...