or Connect

Posts by MCR

Before you pick where you want to live, have a look at this And see how you will be able to come to the US to live and work. Good luck. Or you could apply for the Green Card lottery if your country is eligible, some people apply annually for many years before being picked.
Quote: Originally Posted by AutumnAir Well, I may have spoken too soon - Dublin airport closed today. Not sure if it will be open for tomorrow or not... In a way it would be easier if the flight were just cancelled - it would save me having to try to decide what to do! The airline is offering free rebooking on other available flights over the next week, though of course you're still left waiting to see if those will be cancelled or not...
I used to buy for myself and Dh would take the credit. I stopped as it was a cop out for him. He has never bought gifts for anyone. The last few years my mother has been here he's getting the message (thick skulls take a while) this year he asked me to buy something from him. I said no do it yourself. I got nothing from him, he felt guilty and I let him. I'm not bailing him out anymore he can feel like crap and be nice to me (which he has since Christmas LOL) Maybe next...
I'd use the Taxi (hoping they send a 4 wheel drive) and just take the car seat with me even if your Mom has one.
I believe it, when my oldest was 2 and 3 years old he would get upset and tell me he wanted to go" home" he couldn't remember where it was. We had lived in only one house since before he was born so he had no other "home" with us. He was really upset and convincing.
I think they are worth it. If you know exactly what you want to be. My friends daughter has just given up on CC she's been going for 2.5 years (since high school) hoping to transfer on to 4 year college. She just found out in October she was still going to be 1 unit short to transfer, no one in the college wanted to help her sort anything out, so she completed her classes in Dec and has quit. If she does 1 unit this next semester she'd have to wait till Sept 2011 to start...
Dd can be just this way, she will be 5 in the New Year. She will wander off from circle time, but they have more than one teacher in the room and usually can engage her and send her back. She gets really into doing something, and will do it day after day (like learning to read right now) Then one day refuse to join in with me and read/play. She stopped doing any reading games right before Christmas I have let it go. She loves groups but will go off on a tangent and do...
You can do it, bunny, one step at a time, you're and inspiration.
No normal for me till after the 6th. Mom returns to her home and Dd's birthday is over (Jan 2nd) till them chaos reigns. Some time around there older Ds will go back to University too, so the house will go back to quiet. Please. Then to add more chaos Dh and I have to discuss moving, all the hows and whens, he hates change of any kind, we are talking moving in three years time, twice, once to a rental and then onto another country, I see how that goes and if he falls...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChiroMum Christmas with the in-laws is tonight...but my mom managed to give me FOOD POISONING. NOT a nice gift for the 26 week pregnant woman with 3 small children. Thank God for a wonderful husband who corralled the wee ones yesterday so that mommy could remain in the bed/bathroom. Awww Feel better soon. I didn't get any weird or crazies this year, one pair of pants need to be shortened and I'm good to go.