or Connect

Posts by MCR

Ds didn't learn his multiplication tables by heart till 6th grade, I was starting to get worried, he also had no interest and fought me at every turn. I bought the songs on cassette and books etc, no help. He ended up in a class for 6th grade where the teacher was a total math geek, and he loved everything about math and teaching it. The day began with everyone writing out all the tables 2-12 every day, they got faster and faster till Ds even knew them by heart. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by liz-hippymom well... we are getting a legal risk placement... TODAY!!! a brand new AA baby !!! My sw said she'd be here a minimum of 6 months, but mom is in jail and has had one baby taken away already, so if bd dosn't have any relatives that can pass a home study we will get to adopt her. i never expected a newborn, we had said in the beginning we wanted a 4 year old, but would take 0-12. i guess maybe they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharlla I voted cold. You don't need electricity for heat : I grew up in the 70's when we had no power most nights for a really long time (in the winter in UK I forget why, but we did fine. Hot water bottles in the beds and a gas stove to cook and Gas fire for heat (lots of neighbors used Coal) I'd prefer it to the over 100 degrees heat of where we are now, without A/C I would curl up and die of heat. Plus even...
I'd be going crazy if my Dh was being so annoying over the naming of our Adopted Dd. Our sweetie had a strange name that none of the social workers seemed to have an agreement on pronouncing, I got pretty sick of trying to explain it at doctor visits etc, and so we did a complete name change. Her birth name and Bio moms names are in her book along with pics of them together. She won't spend her life trying to correct spellings and pronunciations now. No flame from me,...
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthesmilingone Mac Gawd I love Mac. Me too.
Quote: Originally Posted by wonderwahine ya'll must have bad checkouts, ours dont even have a bag stand, it has little rollers that go down to a bagging station, just like a regular checkout. The one I tried when they first had them had a bag stand right next to the scan thing, so you scanned and dropped it in the bag. Cloth screws it all up, I was told it can tell how much stuff is in the bag due to the weight?? No idea. I suppose it would stop...
He's a moron. you were at the picnic tables. There are kids like that at the swimming pool we go to in summer, it has picnic tables and barbecues to use. Theres always one kid on the prowl looking to see if they can get a free meal or a snack. If it's a friends kid I'll feed them, but not anyone that comes by. You never know they could have allergies and I don't want to encourage that behavior. I never let any of my kids go begging for food. It's plain annoying.
Digi camera so no film to develop. We did have electrical disturbances when my father passed away last october. And when younger Ds was born we'd get my grandmothers scent in his room (new house so no old perfumes about) I went back through the last years digital pics and they only appear in pics with Ds#1 and theres one pic of his cousin. I find it very interesting
Quote: Originally Posted by *daciaperfect* i wont use them at all. i cant stand them! i will be the person standing in line with only one thing while the 6 people in front of me have cart loads. thats how much i dont like them! Thats what I do. I refuse to scan and bag my own stuff. For every self check open, thats on employee they didn't need to hire. Self checkout sucks. A friend said using your own cloth bags screws up the machine and it...
We were told upfront by the state SW who was doing our homestudy that it could take two years to be matched with a child. What happened was Dd was placed in out home 9mths from the beginning of our paperwork. (we were very lucky) She was the third one they put our homestudy forward for. When we decided to do it again, the same SW said they were very slow so it could really take a lot of time. We ended up not waiting and are now straight foster like we used to be.