or Connect

Posts by sarahmck

I just want to give a plug to the placenta smoothie, now that I've actually done it.  At 9 days post-partum I've had no baby blues.  I had it with the other two for sure.  Not horribly or anything, but I definitely had my weepy days and I haven't had a hint of it this time, despite having my most difficult recovery.  The only other difference that could account for the lack of baby blues is that I have spent most of my time in bed resting, as opposed to being up and...
My baby was born last Wednesday, July 27th, at 8:54am.  He's a boy: Ilias Eoin Linus Xavier (my husband likes lots of middle names!)  That's Ilias pronounced like the book the Iliad and the second name is Irish and is pronounced almost exactly like Owen.  Linus is pronounced not like in Peanuts, but LEE-nuss and Xavier is ZAY-vyer.   On Monday night I lost a big blob of brown mucus and overnight I had a contraction that woke me up, which was a first.  On Tuesday I...
That sounds a lot like what I'm getting today, although mine started a bit brown with old blood and now had fresh blood in it.  Since this is my third time around the feeling is pretty familiar and I will eat my shirt if I don't have a baby by tomorrow night.  That's not to say that you couldn't lose your plug and not go into labor, but for me, I'm pretty sure that the productive-feeling cramps and mega-mucous mean that labor will start for real very soon.  Wanna race?
I started feeling a bit different last night.  Overnight last night was the first night that I was woken up by a contraction.  This morning I have had some brown bloody mucous and I feel lower and contracty and I just feel pretty confident that it will be later today or tomorrow.   My doula is at another birth.  As far as I am aware, my midwife is around.   If the baby is born today, we have to name it by Friday.  If it's tomorrow, we'll have until Monday.  That...
I agree, or maybe baby name, birthdate, and a link to the birth announcement thread/post in the roll call thread?  Except that I think Maurine is the editor of the roll call thread and she probably has other things on her mind!  We need a volunteer who is due on August 31st with a history of late babies.
Congratulations!  Great birth story.   Four?  Tear, Maurine, this one and... who have I missed?  
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!  So I typed my last response and then I went off to have a nap.  I hadn't specifically told my husband not to book anything else, but I also knew that he wouldn't be seeing anyone while I was sleeping and he's a total hermit with no friends himself so I wasn't expecting to have to say this at the first possible moment.  I woke up and found a new event on our calendar: "two kids (brother and sister my kids' ages) here tomorrow morning from...
Me too.  It's been so busy here until Saturday because school only ended here on Friday and my daughter has a lot of extracurricular activities and every one of them had one or two end-of-year activities for which I had to show up and/or bake and/or organize a group gift, etc.  Both children's schools had special activities and I was really stressed about missing my daughter's last day because it was kindergarten graduation, for lack of a better comparison, and was quite...
This is my fourth pregnancy and third baby.  My first two pregnancies were virtually identical.  My babies came at 39+1 and 38+4.  I am 38+1 today.  I've been assuming all along that I would go early again, but now I'm really starting to doubt myself.  This pregnancy has been so different from the other two and I'm always coming up with little theories about why.  My other two are redheads. One of my theories is that this one won't be!   I was never one of those...
Fantastic!  Now I'll have to look back and see if my thread about how I couldn't believe that we only had one baby so far came before or after Tuesday.