or Connect

Posts by sarahmck

I usually wake up 3 times, but then I have the odd night (including last night) where it's just once.  My acupunturist who is also a midwife told me yesterday that lying down (not necessarily sleeping) in the afternoon can help with this because lying flat for a while triggers your kidneys into action so they do a big pee production.  So if you get a big pee production in in the afternoon, maybe it's less necessary to do another in the early part of your sleep cycle....
This is my third and I've always had the pointy belly when sitting up.  I'm of average size and I generally gain around 25 pounds and lose them all or maybe a couple extra.  As far as I'm aware, I suffer no lasting effects.  I didn't realize that pointy belly meant that the muscles had separated.
It's absolutely a good thing.  I'm not wishing preemies on any of us.  But I wouldn't mind if someone went at 38 weeks and gave us some details and pictures to look at!
It may be hard at first, but it's so nice having two to play with each other.  Mine love each other so much and we never had rivalry issues (I was tandem nursing and I credit that with a lot of it).  The thing that I remember most about that first day was that my DD looked like a GIANT lying in bed.  I guess I must have been getting into bed myself so I was moving her to her couch next to our bed and she just looked unspeakably enormous.  It was really strange.   The...
...but I'm just having a hard time believing it's true that we only have had one birth in this DDC a mere 12 days before the first of the month.  It seems like every other DDC I've ever been in or stalked has had a few significant preemies and a bunch of slightly early babies.  What's the deal?  I keep coming back and expecting to see an exciting thread about some beginning of the month person being in labor, but there's nothing!  We must all have really strong...
When I sit down in the evening after putting my kids to bed, I have been getting the odd stabbing pain that makes me feel like I'm being kicked or squirmed at in the bladder or cervix area.  I always run off to pee right afterwards and get the usual teaspoon out.  It only happens in the late evening and mostly happens when I'm sitting semi-reclined on the couch to watch TV.  If I lie down to read it happens way less.  Tonight I've gotten a lot of it.  I really hope it's...
We'd better watch out or we're going to scare the first-timers!  Really, having a newborn is a joy.  There are no downsides!  You won't miss those longer-than-one-minute showers.  You won't dream of sitting in a leisurely fashion on the toilet finishing that magazine article before you get up again....
I had a loaned Boppy and a purchased MBF with DD.  I personally found the Boppy to be worthless for breastfeeding.  The baby just falls into the crack between you and it.  They *are* handy for putting baby down in for a little sleep, though.  The MBF, on the other hand, was a lifesaver.  I had severe nipple pain for 7 weeks after she was born and I don't know how I would have gotten through it if I had had to concentrate on supporting all her weight as well as...
I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday.  I'm officially supposed to put the dreaded plastic sheet on my bed at this point, in case my water breaks in the middle of the night.  I hate the things.  I sweat enough at night at this point -- I don't need to lie on plastic.  I do have a wool crib mattress protector under my sheet in my general bum area.  I was kind of hoping that this would be enough.  My water has never broken first, except with my miscarriage.  With both live births...
I'm not in the same situation, but just wanted to send you some supportive thoughts.  I can't imagine how difficult your situation must be.  How long have you two been together?  Given how many babies are born to women who are single by the time they give birth, you are clearly not alone.  You are doing the right thing in talking about your situation.  It seems a bit analogous to miscarriage to me -- no one wants to talk about it and lots of people feel quite alone while...