or Connect

Posts by sarahmck

I'm a bit late to the party here, but can you possibly say no, or get the visit to just be for the day?  My SIL wanted to visit with her two kids for a week starting on the 14th of July.  I'm due on August 6th, but my other two were 6 and 10 days early and I'm mentally anticipating giving birth in the mid-20s of July.  So this was really pushing it.  The problem is that her kids really want to visit and that's their first week of school holidays so that's the earliest...
DDCC.  That sounds a lot like pelvic instability from too much relaxin.  I haven't had it personally but I have several friends who did.  Here's a wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelvic_girdle_pain.  Do you get chiropractic care?  I think that can help.
Have you tried minerals for the cramps?  I don't get leg cramps very often, I think because I take minerals regularly, but when I do, if I just take a dropperful of my mineral solution it's gone within 15 minutes.  This works for my 6-year old's growing pains, too.  I use ConcenTrace trace mineral liquid (http://www.iherb.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-ConcenTrace-Trace-Mineral-Drops-8-fl-oz-237-ml/22265?at=0).  They have this product at Whole Foods and other similar...
Is your OB going to know, going into his scan to check for size, that your midwife thinks the baby is big?  I ask only because I know about a zillion people who have been told that their babies are going to be big (or small) based on ultrasound who then ended up with babies about 2 pounds less (or more) than the ultrasound estimate.  So I would try, if it's still possible, to minimize the bias since ultrasound "measurements" are so crap.   Midwife measurements are...
Yes, it's totally normal to have nipple pain at pretty much any moment of a pregnancy.  I'm shocked that you can handle 30-60 minute nursing sessions!  Consider yourself very fortunate!!!
We usually do diaper laundry every second night at the beginning and two dozen newborn diapers never left me in a pinch.  If we missed a night and went to three days then it would get tight.  I guess I don't change 10-12 times per day.  I must change more like 8-10 times.  Also, EC ought to help a bit with that (although I wasn't ECing with my newborn) because if you do catch a pee at every change, which you generally do, then there's less pee left over for the next...
If you can get her to wash the newborn ones for you before she comes then I would totally go with the GM diapers.  All she'd have to do is wash them a few times according to the extremely thorough directions on GM's site.  You're very unlikely to be more than a week early with a first baby (average is 8 days late) and it's nice to avoid getting meconium on brand new diapers anyway.  Yes, it's nice to have them and be able to admire them, but getting the best ones is for...
If you haven't already, it might be worth contacting the Green Mountain woman.  Although it's an enormous web site, I think it's actually just a home business.  I know she officially doesn't (or didn't) ship overseas, but I have a friends who have contacted her with special shipping requests and she has accommodated them.  It might work out to be a similar price since her diapers are cheaper, and they really do seem to be widely agreed upon to be the best.  I know I'm...
I'm nursing 3yo DS, but luckily he's down to just a few minutes at bedtime and a few minutes upon waking up and occasionally during the day if he hurts himself or something.  I remember it being more annoying when I was pregnant with him.  The whole nursing while pregnant thing has been way less hard this time around.   I'm so glad that he has cut down but isn't looking likely to quit in the next month, so I'll have him around to ensure that I never get engorged....
I don't know those particular prefolds.  I personally think that the ones from Green Mountain Diapers are the best, but if your mom is coming from the UK then that's a more difficult option.   I think that two dozen of each size is sufficient.  I did EC from 4 months with my last child and it didn't make a big dent in the number of diapers that I needed since I wasn't super hard core.  I caught basically all poops but only about half the pees.  It certainly made...