or Connect

Posts by sarahmck

I have about 60 cloth wipes and I don't feel that that's too much.   I would definitely get kimono-style t-shirts.  Onesies aren't great for newborns.   A few of the thinnest muslin square blankets you can find for swaddling.   Something to use as a burp cloth, although you probably already have something on hand that can work well for that.  For example, the next diaper size up would work beautifully.   Oh, and you must have mentioned a carrier of some...
Thank you so much, Sara!
No one is pushed into homebirth.  People here can choose to have a hospital birth, but at this point they can't choose an elective c-section.  As for medication, epidurals and such are less readily available.  In hospitals in cities and such there's usually the possibility of an epidural, but in smaller or more rural hospitals an anesthesiologist is not always on  duty, or maybe there's only one and he's busy with someone who really needs one, like someone having a...
In fairness to her, I wasn't all that uncomfortable about it when she proposed it.  I thought it sounded wacky and different, but I was also curious about it.  It was simply that, as the day approached, I wondered a bit about what it would be like.  I guess I'm just naturally a bit of a voyeur -- I like to hear about things and learn about things without actually having to commit to doing them myself.  For example, my daughter goes to a Waldorf school and they do...
Okay, I'm back from the midwife.  My drawing could be the same as yours depending on what kind of movements you get in the 90% area.  In that area, I have a big lump.  It's positioned most of the time such that leaning on the kitchen counter is painful.  It moves, but in a sliding way, not in a kicking way.  Then, over at the left where you have big infrequent movements, I also get some movement.  Maybe not "big," but those movements are harder to classify which is what...
If anyone is interested in really sexy pretty nursing bras that are actually very comfortable and entirely lined in cotton, check out this brand: http://www.hotmilklingerie.com/.   I am not at all a sexy lingerie person, but I have a friend who is big into dressing really nicely and wearing super high heels and sexy undies, etc.  She has tried every brand of sexy nursing bra and brought her stash of this brand to an LLL meeting a while back.  She told us all that...
Well, it wasn't as strange as it could have been.  She has a student midwife with her this month and she was there too.  Before the ritual she explained that she would be putting seven towels drenched in hot herbal water on my vagina.  I think the water had chamomile flowers and a bit of lavender and maybe one other thing.  The idea was to heal trauma.  She asked me about any trauma that I had experienced and there really is none.  I think she probably figured that my...
I have this one http://www.anita.com/us-en/Products,Anita_maternity,Breastfeeding,Nursing_bras:5014_Nursing%20bra, or similar.  It's good.  I've been wearing all of my nursing bras solidly for 6 years, so I like to buy decent ones.
I'm feeling less apprehensive this morning.  I will try to look at it as a relaxation opportunity.  I'll update you all when I return!
DH just commented yesterday that I have one this time!  I've never gotten one, being extremely fair and red-headed.  I haven't seen it yet since I can't see past my belly button and I've forgotten to look in the mirror.  I'm sure it's very faint, but in the past I didn't even get a faint one.