or Connect

Posts by sarahmck

Back to the topic at hand, it sounds like you are now planning to be separated from your daughter from Saturday morning until Sunday morning, is that right? Does she nurse during the night or sleep through (if the latter, count your blessings)? If she nurses during the night, could you maybe pop back to your MIL's house on Saturday evening to nurse her to sleep, then go out to the party, and then come back again after the bachelorette festivities and spend the later...
: I'm in the same boat except that I haven't gotten pregnant yet because I'm concerned that DD (20 months) will have an incredibly hard time with it. Anyway, I'll be interested to see what others have to say.
My DD is the same age and size as yours. I use a stretchy wrap (a Tinokis, specifically) with great success. Getting her in and out isn't quite instantaneous, but it doesn't take more than 10 seconds to get her in and 5 to get her out, so not a really big deal. I admit that I only put her in if I think she'll stay in at least 5 minutes. The upside is it's extremely comfortable. I can carry her around literally all day. I highly recommend it.
My DH is currently going through a little "let's move to Iceland" phase. Before we even consider such a thing, we need to learn more about the society from a practical perspective. For me that includes things like whether attended home birth is available and if vaxes are required by law for school admission. DH found a reference to bringing your vax paperwork with you when you register for school and no mention of exemptions was made. However, it was just a small blurb...
I've been told that Römer makes the best and safest bike seats for longer rides. They recline. Here in the Netherlands, everyone rides with their kids on the most skimpy of seats, so I have rarely seen these, but I can say that if I were going to do a biking holiday or regularly go on long rides, I would want a seat that provides a lot of support and reclines. They look so uncomfortable when their little heads are flopping around.
because I know someone out there must know the answer.
I've read about people here who have had a mineral analysis done which looked at their own body and figured out what they were deficient in. I think part of the result of the test was that they made a special supplement just for the person. Anyone know where to get this done? Also, what kind of levels are these companies going for? I think the idea of the test is great, but I don't personally know enough about mineral levels to know that I'd be happy with their...
My 19-month old DD has diarrhea. It started on Tuesday with more poops than usual, and a bit runny, and turned into diarrhea by Tuesday night. It seemed this morning like it was getting better (morning poop was more pasty, less runny), but then she had it again just now. She doesn't seem bothered by it except that it's really irritating her skin and she's developed quite bad diaper rash. I'm using Weleda cream with zinc oxide on that. I've only given her a very...
My 19-month old unvaccinated DD has had diarrhea for two days. Yesterday was just loose stools, but today has been full-blown diarrhea. She has been extremely irritable and unhappy tonight, and has strongly resisted going to bed and then has woken up screaming after an hour or two of sleep. Her only symptom is the diarrhea. I don't think she has a fever, or if she does it's very low. She ate reasonably normally today, so I don't think she feels nauseated or anything...
Sorry to butt in (I'm not in your DDC), but I saw this in new posts and had to weigh in. The H is the only way to go. And do keep in mind that people in other english-speaking countries pronounce the two names differently. In England, Sarah is Say-ruh and Sara is Sah-ruh.