or Connect

Posts by oddeebean

Nvm
We always go nuts at Christmas.  I love giving people gifts and seeing their reactions.  I just love the process of searching for the perfect gift for someone, finding it and wrapping it up.  Now that some of my kids are out of the house, we're able to get them some gifts that they'd like but wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves like nice barware, rice cooker, kitchen tools, pots and pans.  We also try to do one "big" gift, like a nice watch, handbag, something like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Qbear'smama I agree that Kody seems self-centred and cold. If I was that upset (Meri, I think it was for the most part) about a choice DH was making (Robyn) that affected me so very much, I would really hope he would consider my wishes before making that choice, regardless of our stated "lifestyle". I'd feel bad hurting people I loved to fulfil my own desires, he seems to lack that quality. Very self-centered. ...
I feel sad for the wives. As much as they were going on and on about how wonderful adding another wife would be they spent a lot of time crying and saying how they didn't want this to happen. This family seems like a more sanitized version of polygamy, but I highly doubt the wives would be able to stop Kody from doing what Kody wants to do. Plus, why the heck is he driving a sports car? Dude, you have 12 kids. Its obvious who is doing all the driving with the kids. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple Sage I've been thinking a lot about this today, and I can completely understand where you're coming from because that is exactly how I felt before. I remember thinking how much easier things would be if I was a Christian (not that you think this specifically about Christianity, but religion in general) and I truly felt like I had no choice, that I just did not believe and there was nothing I could do about it. And I'm...
Quote: Dear Dr. XX, I was a recent candidate for the art position at XX High School. While I was not ultimately selected by the Central Office for whatever reason, I know that the fine arts department and the principal had endorsed my candidacy. I felt a strong rapport with them, and I feel that I would be an excellent addition to the department should another opening come. I thank you for your time and consideration, and I hope that I can be of service to XX...
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama No, never! But your question reminded me of how Anne Lamott says that no decent adult ever had a good time in middle school. Hah! Man is that true. Whenever someone starts telling me about their high school exploits, I always back away slowly. If high school was the greatest time of your life, something went wrong. Thinking on this topic, I wouldn't force my kids to go to school, but they've grown up...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad The most valuable education I have ever gotten never came from the class room. It came from befriending people outside of my comfort zone. Thats nice. But that's not going to make you stand out in an application. College degrees are basically required now for a huge amount of jobs. And in this economy? Picking between someone with a college degree vs someone without? Nearly always going to go with the...
Thanks guys, I just needed to know other people experienced this. I made some lists and am trying to do one thing at a time and then do something for myself. Minor freak-out, and now I'm doing okay. Thanks for being understanding and for the good advice.
I need advice. Or understanding. I am completely, totally, absolutely overwhelmed. Not even dealing with my DH and family issues, I have 237863213 things I need to accomplish for my profession and I'm absolutely frozen on starting because the task seems so enormous. How to you just start? I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel anxious constantly. I'm paralyzed and can't do anything right now. Even cooking dinner or vacuuming seems like a task of...