or Connect

Posts by lexbeach

**More tears for Papa in our house too** Congratulations Andy!! I'm simply overjoyed for you. This may take the cake as the best Queer TTC thread ever. Lex
This is the reason why I became a CPST! I was working at a breastfeeding clinic and saw dozens of babies each week, improperly secured in their bucket seats. I felt I needed a credential in order to point out the misuse. I would say, "by the way, I am a car seat technician. Can I help you make sure that your baby is properly secured?" But, in retrospect, had I been a bit braver, I could have skipped the week-long training and just said, "I'm NOT a car seat...
Quote: Originally Posted by beangoddess3 Hi everyone, just wanted to check in and give an update. We talked to the doctor and she was open to the idea completely, which I expected. She said that they do not use or recommend using domperidone because of some nasty side effects and the whole FDA thing...but suggested Reglan. Has anyone tried that? Also, my wife wants to start taking birth control, not the inactive pills so that she can put her body...
Not a fan of the KLOs here. Too ruffly, I don't like snaps on a tiny baby, and not absorbent enough at all. We were very happy with the bumgenius xs bamboo fitteds, though they were *very* tiny and didn't fit long. The size smalls (8-16 pounds) are on clearance now for $6.50 each: http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...roducts_id=895. Lex
I think you would be very happy with the BumGenius deluxe AIOs. They are not much bulkier than a disposable. They do need to be changed more often than disposables (generally at least every 2-3 hours), as is true for most cloth diapers. They are easy to line-dry and give babies an exceptionally squishy, soft bum. The bum-ware do have really intense velcro, and used to mark up my baby as well. I didn't like them for the same reason (they worked fine). Lex
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherdeg Second, when you consider the bonding factor associated with breastfeeding, do you happen to consider the great trauma that will occur when that child has to LEAVE and go to a bottle-fed environment? Or is it all about the foster parents feeling the nobility of giving these children "the best of everything" as it makes the foster parent feel good (regardless of the potential trauma it will ultimately cause the...
My advice to all families planning to co-sleep, and especially those who will be co-sleeping with multiples, is to measure the distance between the walls in your bedroom, and figure out exactly how many mattresses you can fit in the space. Ideally, the mattresses (we prefer good-quality futons) would actually be a bit wider than the space, thus eliminating all of the cracks between mattresses. The side-car option never would have worked with our twins because they both...
This is a very common question. I used to get it all the time (still do sometimes), and now I know that other kids (and grown-ups) ask my twins this question frequently as well. I sort of wish that I hadn't told my twins who was older (they were born less than a minute apart), because the "older" twin does use it in an annoying way sometimes. There is another set of twins in my boys' grade at school who were technically born a day apart (one just before midnight, one...
SO MANY congratulations to Keely (and family)! Welcome Kale! I'm so happy for you! The birth looks like it was amazing. I'd be surprised if you have any difficulties with such an amazing support team, but please don't hesitate to contact me with any nursing questions/concerns. Sending love and wishes for a peaceful babymoon Lex
Quote: Originally Posted by FtMPapa Finally, I'm going to go directly against the advice you've gotten up top. Do not let anyone tell you that if you cannot afford the treatment you need to get pregnant that you cannot afford to have a child. Especially if you need thousands of dollars worth of sperm and drugs and procedures, I simply don't think that's fair. Assuming you meant my advice, I did not intend for that to be my message (that if...